AuthorTopic: Self Portrait Fighter Sprite [WIP]  (Read 3781 times)

Offline lloorren

• View Profile
    • LiveJournal

Self Portrait Fighter Sprite [WIP]

on: November 05, 2006, 05:40:41 pm

This is a self-portrait sprite (with exaggerations) on a project I'm working on, there will be either one or three other sprites I'll be making to go with it on a fighting-game like screen with a background showing a classroom and my teacher eating with his legs up on his desk.  :P It spawned out of a joke with my friend and I, that either it would be us fighting each other or us vs. two other girls in the class we joke with.

Anyways, enough of my rambling and on to the point. :P I've reached the part where I'm not sure whether to start adding details yet without some input. Are there any obvious proportional/anatomical problems? None are sticking out to me, and as for muscle and such, I'm not trying to make the sprite appear strong or anything, so I want to retain the thinness.

Also, whoops, I should add that it's a female, so I'm kinda hoping that when I add detail it doesn't take away from the femininity!

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada

Re: Self Portrait Fighter Sprite [WIP]

Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 05:56:35 pm
Good thing you decided to put this up before you continued. The arms are definitely too small, and he is off-balance, looks like he is about to fall on his back. IF you just fix those 2 things it'll make a huge improvement, keep it up!

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 06:15:52 pm
well She needs a more feminine face, larger eyes, smaller nose, smaller jaw.. Also it may be an idea to alter the clothing slighly to suggest a more feminine figure.

For the stance, your character is slightly off balance atm, try sliding her feet back a bit. Hope this edit helps. Didn't do anything to the arms but they are a tad short, looks like the part of the arm that connects to the shoulder is either too long or the other part is too short.

Looking great so far, you're doing a great job.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 06:20:26 pm by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline lloorren

• View Profile
    • LiveJournal

Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 06:44:14 pm
Thank you to both of you. :) I am currently working on an edit and it'll be posted momentarily...

Okay , cave, I assumed by small you meant too short, so I lengthened the arms after the elbows a tad. :)
And Terley, I used your edit to redraw the legs and tightened the clothes a bit, hoping the makes her a bit more feminine. :)

Anything else before I start coloring?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 07:32:10 pm by lloorren »

Offline eqko

• ehr !?
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 08:13:36 pm
I made an edit as well. the middle one is mine the lef one your original.

see, what I did is was turn her stance slightly sideways. Try the stance out, you usualy put one foot/leg behind you for balance and thrust slightly bend for easy movement and keep your hands up high to fence of blows to the head.

also, see this to check out fighter stances
http://www.zweifuss.com/ibuki/ibuki.htm#
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:15:55 pm by equinoxx »
previously known as equinoxx

Offline lloorren

• View Profile
    • LiveJournal

Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 09:26:14 pm
That was a big help too :)

I got a little excited and went ahead and colored some :P :

Update: