AuthorTopic: Hex Tiles, attempts  (Read 1889 times)

Offline chungsie

• View Profile

Hex Tiles, attempts

on: August 30, 2017, 01:25:22 pm
I  have been busy with irl work for this month. but I have managed to work on some tiles.

want to make more transition tiles later too :)

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: Hex Tiles, attempts

Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:18:33 pm
Could you please post a version that's at 1x zoom? This looks like it's zoomed in by a weird value, some of the "pixels" are differently sized than others.

Before you worry about transition tiles, try to make sure your existing tiles tile. There seem to be some mismatches, though I can't tell if it's because of the tiles themselves, or the fact that they don't seem to be aligned to the grid correctly.

Offline chungsie

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 01:22:26 am
there is a way to fix it with scripting, I was just testing it for consistency between tiles. the actual grid they are placed on is 2x2, but likely it will need 1x1 to really work just right, and there is overlap with the tiles because there was no edge made for them, so the border is that edge, otherwise they would have to be 1 px shorter on all sides. I will post when the programmer gets to setting up the world :)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 10:14:12 pm
there is a way to fix it with scripting, I was just testing it for consistency between tiles. the actual grid they are placed on is 2x2, but likely it will need 1x1 to really work just right, and there is overlap with the tiles because there was no edge made for them, so the border is that edge, otherwise they would have to be 1 px shorter on all sides. I will post when the programmer gets to setting up the world :)

Yes, but please post your pixel art at the original resolution so we can provide proper critique and illustrative edits
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |