AuthorTopic: Takin' out the trash  (Read 14069 times)

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Re: Takin' out the trash

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 06:53:10 am
Lol wow...I was amazed at how awesome the old version was.  I about had a heart attack after this one.  Fantastic work here.  Is this a game?  If it is, or will be, good luck with it.  Amazing work here.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 06:53:39 am
I always thought the smoke to the side was an exasperated sigh thing.  Like hes tried to kill it with the pistol, hasn't worked, switches to rifle, hasn't worked, so he goes and sighs in an exasperated fashion then he starts again. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 07:03:06 am
I thought it was like some kind of exhaust, since he's in a gas mask and all. I like it.
When he's stepped forward, why does he lift his backest foot up before he steps back? I mean, it seems like he'd do it while he steps back, as opposed to before. Just a question, though.
Anywho, yeah, this rocks. I didn't know it could get any better than it already was, but it has.
 :y: :y:

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 07:19:08 am
Hahah, never thought of it as an exasperated sigh. I might just have to change it up a bit so that's obviously what's happening.  :lol:

As for the back foot lifting before he turns, I found that when I moved the way he is, I subconsciously shifted my weight off the back foot and lifted my heel slightly so it spun easier before I actually started to turn.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 12:39:02 pm
Man Pawige, i honestly didn't think that could get much better. It's easily one of the favourite pixel animations i've seen, and a great inspiration to me. Now it's even better :P The extra detail is a fine treat for the eyes. The only thing that seems odd to me would be when he fires his handgun, his head and/or neck looks rather small, i realise this is because his shoulderpads are in the way, and it's probably just when looking in comparison to the old version.

Lalala great work.  :0'

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 01:30:46 pm
Wow man.
So much detail in an animation!
It wouldn't be that great if it was just a singe picture but animations are a whole 'nother cup of tea.

I kept searching but couldn't find any flaws. I already knew the old one and found it amazing but the new version is simply stunning!
Great job!
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 06:07:23 pm
May just be me, but I find that the colours of the old one feel like they have more volume.

This is also one of my favourite animations. I would love it if you posted some pictures showing your techniques for animating with so much detail.

Offline roobv

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 06:13:57 pm
wicked! (just what im trying to make for my platformer -.- lol)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 06:49:55 pm
..... If I could be like you exxcelent.
I love the detail when he changes poses ;).

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 06:51:37 pm
Ok, normally I won't post something like this, but this one just screams for it! Pawige, that's just so awesome, like the rest said, the old was already delicious, but the new is real eye-candy! :o, I like the way how it looks (more) realistic now
in the shadows, lurking.