AuthorTopic: Little animation  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Shizuko

• hi There! ^^
    • View Profile
    • My Piskel Galery lol ^^

Re: Little animation

Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 12:43:16 pm

I want to ask you again about the color and the shading in this character (is it ok ? or correct)

Of course that the moment when he blows smoke looks weird but in this edit I wanted to show how it could look like

looking good!
I want to say that his right Hand is a bit, uh, big and didnt it?
But that is my opinion.
And I think the Shading and the Style of the Character looks really good -
Well done ^^
Im so in shame in the Moment,
why Im so bad in English now?
Where is my good English? meh

Offline Xenon02

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 07:55:55 pm
I'm sorry you waited guys (I did not feel that way to change it. But finally I edited it)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 10:13:05 pm
I'm not sure what's going on with the multipuff at the end there, it's pretty hard to read what's going on when he drops the cig and pits it back in. Looks kind of like a broken animation there.
I'd nix the second raise up, or add a delay and a smoother drop/return-to-mouth animation sequence.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Xenon02

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 04:02:22 pm
what about now ?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:06:55 pm by Xenon02 »

Offline Bacrylic

• bacrylic
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 07:21:07 pm
I think it might look better if his hand is closed before going into his pocket.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 09:17:34 am
Looking better, but his hand holding the smoke still snaps into position before tossing it away like that.
Also, echoing the above poster.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 11:49:08 pm
I hate to be THAT guy, and I'll explain what I mean, but I really suggest you take it back to very the first animation before you edit any farther.

The first animation you posted in this thread was really a great start, but the further you've edited, the further you've gone from a really cool and natural animation to a really contrived and overdone/overworked animation.

That being said, you're only missing two simple things in your original animation:

1) A good arc for the cigarette itself coming out of the package and into the mouth. 2D always reads better when the action happens in silhouette, so pulling the cigarette straight up from the pack into the mouth without affecting the silhouette is a big no-no, and because the cigarette is so white and draws the attention so much, this negative is double painful.)

2) Anticipation before putting the pack of cigarettes back into the pocket. -- In other words pull the hand out, affect the silhouette a bit, and let the guy pull his hand away a little from his pocket before putting his hand toward the pocket. Overshoot the pocket a little with the hand and then pull it back toward it to put the pack away -- we tend to do this when we're not looking at something, even if we think we know exactly where we're putting our hand.

Not to mention that, no matter what movement you're making, anticipation always happens, whether it's before the motion or after it (which is actually called "follow-through" in animation terms), because energy needs to build up (or dissipate, in the case of a sudden burst or blast of energy) ALWAYS, no matter the subject, no matter the animation or the intensity or dullness of the movement.

In pixel art, it is so important to emphasize anticipation or follow-through wherever you are able to. It's the lifeblood of setting up a convincing lifelike expression -- especially when you have the frames to spare!
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline Hunited

• Post-ironic is the new authentic.
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 01:32:46 pm
It's also kind of strange that he pulls a lit cigarette out of the pack, or is that just me?