AuthorTopic: Need some help with this  (Read 19186 times)

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: Need some help with this

Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 03:20:36 am
This is looking delightful!

Her left ear seems too high. There needs to be deeper shadow/more contrast, I think; it just looks very washed out at the moment.

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 05:48:41 am
I'm assuming the piece is not yet finished. Great work so far by the way but the neck is bothering me. There is something off about the way you shaded and shaped the neck. I think Helm did a pretty nice neck edit intially but I'd like to definitely see some dithering on the neck yet to match the texture and style of the rest of the face. Glad to see you taking the time to get this right  :y:

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 08:12:12 am
The development on this has been outstanding and the progress animation shows.
Thought I'd take a crack at editing this as well. The main things that were bugging me were her neck, eyes, teeth, and shirt neckline. With her neck, I gave her a bit more slant and space to ease into her body (save the jokes, I already thought of them all). Her eyes seemed a bit too unlady-like and I added some shade to give her lashes a bit more fullness, thus bringing out her radiant pupils. Her teeth looked a bit juttish (is that a word?). Eased them out a bit. And finally, her shirt looked a bit too manly. Gave her a v neck to suggest cleavage making her seem more womanly.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: November 17, 2006, 01:23:58 am
thanks guys, you're all givin really great crits, takin a lot of this into consideration.  ;D
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Terley

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 11:30:41 pm
im really up to my ears in college work but I made some necissery changes for now, its not taking this long to do this btw, Its the first time I've touched this since mid November :S..

looking back I really think this new palette I figured out makes it look much more natural, added one more tone to smoothen some parts up which overall helps a bunch.. Fixed any shading errors I could find and then I basically got started adding to shade her hair, tho she's probably gonna be a black haired girl, ignore the brown.. Still to work on the jumper.

aany crits still welcome, im thinking of adding something in the background, any ideas would be nice.

Offline halu

• wtf :D
    • View Profile

Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 01:01:37 am
The amount of detail in this piece is astonishing, it's so beautiful, AMAZING work.
I have some small crits though:
the top right of the hair kinda looks flat, and her left ear looks a bit small, otherwise, :DD

Offline Terley

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 02:07:14 am
ohh thx a lot  :lol: im gonna take my time gettin the hair to look right, its kinda a wip atm, just planning out and deciding what im gonna do with it, her ears are supposed to have hair overlappin em  :-X

Offline halu

• wtf :D
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 02:11:14 am
also (although you just said you were gonna cover it with hair), her left ear looks like it''s a cutout or something, that was glued to here hair, it doesn't really blend well.

Offline Terley

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006, 05:50:03 pm
yeah I get what'cha mean but I've litterally just started the hair, you shouldn't expect it to look how its intended when I haven't even started doing that yet.

Offline Joshua

• jrobgraphics
    • View Profile
    • jrobportfolio

Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 06:55:14 pm
My main beef with this is the sharp features you're using. I'm assuming shes suppose to be under the age of 30 but with all the sharp wrinkles and whatnot she looks either dead or old. I made a quick edit to show you. Also, I'd wait to add the white spirals and sparkles until you're done. Focus on form before details like that.

My Edit:

Your Latest:

Also, I made her face more symmetrical. A good technique to get symmetry right is to flip the image horizontally often.