AuthorTopic: P90&Sprite [Warning: LEGS]  (Read 16660 times)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Re: P90&Sprite [Warning: LEGS]

Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 08:50:55 am
Wow, Thanks Man.

I have te basic drawing skills on paper but when I do Pixel Art its hard to find Line Art I really like when on paper I can get it out like that.
I had an idea of doing a fighter sprite but I do not think I' am ready for that, yet. Thanks alot though for the good CC.

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 07:56:08 pm
Whatever your skill level on paper, it is not translating to pixel art, and one of the main reasons is that you don't challenge yourself enough. Make the fighter sprite! Make the fighter sprite, make it bigger than your usual pics, clean up the lines completely, color it, shade it, and show it. =) You might not even like how it looks, but you grow your skills by pushing them beyond their limits.

Offline havocplague

• View Profile
    • my old portfolio

Reply #42 on: November 12, 2006, 01:59:08 am
I don't know if you're still working on this "piece", or if you've decided to do something else, but I've got a few pointers.

First of all, if you have any experience with shooting, rifles, pistols or otherwise, you would know that you almost automatically find a stance that keeps you "on target", and keeps your hands steady. A rifle is heavy (yes, even a P90 sucks after an hour), so you want it to "rest" on your shoulder, even when you are not firing. That way, you can easily reassume your shooting position. Try it out yourself, imagine where you would place it. And then go by that. Take a look here to actually see what I'm trying to explain.

Secondly, you will want to put most of the weight on you back foot, place your other shoulder a bit lower, and keep your head close by (but not touching) the rifle. Most people don't run and shoot, they tend to do one or the other. In real life that is. And if you have started shooting standing still, you usually pause your fire and start running, you rather seldom start running when firing.
What I've seen here so far, both original and edits (except for KilledBySuicide's, that is pretty much straight to the point) would probably put an average Joe's bullets in the roof instead of the enemies, posewise that is.

So, if you want to do an accurate piece, I suggest you start by getting the anatomy and pose down correctly. And it's ok to go larger, you can always shrink it down and/or redo it later.