AuthorTopic: P90&Sprite [Warning: LEGS]  (Read 16662 times)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Re: P90&Sprite [Warning: LEGS]

Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 10:59:40 pm

Another One:

IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN DO BETTER.. PLEASE DO SO! :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 11:07:53 pm by Rerg1 »

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 11:13:26 pm
well the pose does look odd, you need to imagine the character stood on a platform (it is a platformer right??).

As a sprite your's doesn't work atm, I would expect it to lean more forward.. Hope my example is clear enough to do any good.

goodluck with this.

I do love people starting of with sketches, but try to work on it as much as possible before you post it, you can't possibly need our critisism this early on.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 12:12:18 am by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 11:18:26 pm
GOD DAMN TERLEY :p.
Nice One. Its a free lance thing no Platform ;) But ur one is damn well nice.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 11:59:26 pm
I was talking to Rerg. DD's opinion on that it's not finished enough to be critiqued extensively is valid to a degree, though as we can see people still try to help. I don't think Reg is going to get better in this way significantly, but hey, if you guys want to walk him through learning to draw, basically, feel free, awesome. Still, don't call people pathetic, Rerg. That is all.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 12:07:23 am
Not actually a sprite, though is it? More of a scanned doodle.

Might be worth spending a little longer than sixteen seconds on a bit of art before starting another thread, no?

Pretty much sums it up for me. 

I have many wips in a stage far beyond this on my HD - that i still don't feel are fit for posting.  You don't need to post something after 5 minutes you think may look quite good.  You will gain more respect by posting more refined WIP's if not completed pieces.

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 12:34:11 am
If for a fire stance I would go for a pose like I made IMO. Don't have a clue if it is right, but I think you get the idea ;). And if you wonder why it head is so small, it's because his head is crooked(?). The grey lines (in the head) points to the position of the eyes, they would come beneath the line, good luck with this.

-Edit

yesterday photobucket wasn't working, so I used Imageshack instead, I fixed the link now to PB, so guess it works now. And actually I really don't know if anatomy is right, I bet if you try to color it you would see tons of errors.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 11:04:16 am by KilledBySuicide »
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 10:50:28 am
KilledbySuicide: I cant see the picture but Im guessing your laying a picture of his anatomy? :S But thanks for taking time to help me.

Feron: :(.... O K

Helm: I know in a way not following your advice ... :(

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 12:19:53 pm

wow good example, I kinda rushed mine  :'(
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 04:02:37 pm

I mostly sketched this at 2x to see if I could do any better... I hope that this can help you.

I'd probably suggest the blocking out method over what I did, using different colors for the different limbs, but at least you can get the sense for the different techniques.

Look up a tutorial on fighter sprites or walking anims. This falls closely into the size range for fighters so anatomy from those models could help.

Good luck with this. Keep refining!

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 06:37:36 pm
I just feel the need to mention that holding a P-90 like that ... just.. doesn't seem to work. Weapons are tricky things that work in very specific ways. Most weapons are fine when held by the hip, but the P-90 is so specifically designed to be portable, compact and easy to use that I don't even think you CAN hold it in any other way than against the shoulder, seeing as it lacks handles and all. Killedbysuicide's blob looks like it should. That's the way to hold a P-90.

Yeah, I'm picky when it comes to firearms...