AuthorTopic: Pixel Artist For 2D Visual Novel for Windows  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Aureus

• View Profile

Pixel Artist For 2D Visual Novel for Windows

on: August 17, 2017, 08:35:40 am
Dear Artists,
Moral Anxiety Studio is in the initial phase of creating Tales From Windy Meadow, a Visual Novel using 2D pixel art. It’s a single-player collection of interactive stories focused on the community of a small village set in a fantasy world.

Visual Novels are focused on telling a story through dialogues and narration, although in this game we want to replace narration with small bits of animations, such as walking, looping simple idle movements or changing the color overlay. In VNs there’s almost no gameplay and making them reminds making a hybrid of a novel and a low-budget movie.

Current development: We are currently focused on finishing (rewriting) the story and creating the skeleton of the game in Game Maker engine, so it’s still a long road ahead of us.

What we’re looking for: Even though our current pixel artist is amazing, he suffered from major personal problems lately and is even thinking about dropping his artistic journey. We’re open to either replacing his art with a new style or to continue his current visual style with a new artist. There’s still an option that the current artist will make some assets for us or help us design some characters/areas, but it’s impossible to tell. Basically, we need to make all aspects of the graphics - characters, backgrounds, idle/plot animations and simple player's interface. The work can be shared between a couple of artists with coherent style, but I don't expect it to happen.

Payment: We only just started to look for a producer and we currently don’t have any budget. Because of it, the current payment model we’re offering is a shared revenue, and for that reason we’re looking more for a hobbyist artist who would like to spend a part of his or her free time to create art with us. If we’ll find an outside budget, though, I will be more than happy to offer some pre-release salary, but I’m not going to make empty promises.

Other work conditions: Even though I, as a writer, have a strong vision of our story and the world we set it in, I don’t mind listening to an artist’s opinions and allowing him or her for creative freedom. Also, if you’d be interested in making some personal art for yourself or share your work in progress related to our game on you website/social medias, I think its fine.
We still have a lot of time and I don’t want to put some major pressure on you. I don’t want you to burn out or to feel limited. As long as you’ll let me know ahead of time, I won’t be worried if you’ll disappear for a week or two for personal reasons.
Since it’s not a strict, 30USD/hour job with a precise deadline, I’m not going to act like a privileged ass.

Contact: Feel free to contact me by PM or through moralanxietystudio at gmail dot com. I’m going to send you our detailed pitch and the description of the story we want to tell to help you make your decision.

Thank you very much for reading my post and I look forward to hearing from you!
Maciej Aureus Gajzlerowicz
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:28:28 am by Aureus »

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: Pixel Artist For 2D Visual Novel for Windows

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:59:10 pm
It's unclear from your post what exactly you're looking for. Character animations? Backgrounds? Parts of backgrounds? GUI? Everything? If both, do you want specifically one artist, or would you take multiple artists to split the work?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:12:45 pm by eishiya »

Offline Aureus

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:21:10 pm
Thank you for help, I edited the appropriate paragraph.

Offline Aureus

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:32:38 am
Bump!
Hi there!

The game moves forward. Our current pixel artists are great, but they don't have much time and they can barely find a moment to move the project forward. : ( If you are interested in joining our project, please feel free to contact me through PM and / or e-mail!