AuthorTopic: [NSFW] nude study w/ dithering  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Absolute8

• makbadgam
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/21175.htm
    • barryburce
    • View Profile

[NSFW] nude study w/ dithering

on: August 16, 2017, 12:11:45 am
Heya,

I'm somewhat new to dithering.
Any intermediate pointers or advanced techniques from you good ol' chaps?

Offline mtpassd

• View Profile

Re: [NSFW] nude study w/ dithering

Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 03:01:48 pm
I try to be as mininmal with dither as possible. It is very easy to over do it and turn your standing into a shape. I also try to keep the checkerboard pattern intact when dithering to keep the image from distorting. The over all shape of the nude is pretty good. Booty seems a little big, but that never hurt anything. And your dithering seems haphazard.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 04:21:31 pm
Think of dithering as replacing extra colours. Where you'd use more colours to create a smoother transition, use dithering instead. Other than that, the main difference is with dithering you need to be a bit more careful to avoid creating awkward clusters, which isn't an issue with using extra colours. You have one such awkward cluster on the right cheek, at the top, the shadow appears to make a hook shape above the dithering.

Offline Macattackk

• @PsycheMac
    • View Profile
    • Structure of Reign

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 11:59:11 am
I like the checkerboard shaded areas. Your lighting seems to be a bit inconsistent since she is evenly lit. You have shadows and highlights on one side but not the other. For example her only her left shoulder has a highlight and only her right hand has shadows. Also anatomically her thighs do seem a bit too wide but I understand that's a stylistic choice.
Structure of Reign - Government sandbox strategy game

Twitter: @PsycheMac