AuthorTopic: Progression Thread  (Read 2043 times)

Offline suicidalnoodle

• View Profile

Progression Thread

on: August 17, 2017, 12:27:21 am

Super pleased with how this sword turned out, especially seeing as it was my first attempt at it.

Improved Version

This one isn't 100% finished as I'm not sure I actually like the way it came out. The wrap around the pole was a pain in the ass to do and something just feels off about it.

So, what I've decided to do is use this thread as a way to show my progression. These three pieces are the very first projects I've finished aside from a tree. I can already tell I'm improving.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:00:25 am by suicidalnoodle »

Offline Kalleb

• Hi, im Kalleb, brazillian and lover of pixel art
    • View Profile

Re: My First Weapon Attempt

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:35:52 am
its good!

Offline Macattackk

• @PsycheMac
    • View Profile
    • Structure of Reign

Re: Progression Thread

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 11:44:57 am
These are solid weapons. I think the wraps seem off because they dont feel like they are wrapping around the weapon. If you were to have the wraps pop out around the silhouette of the weapon handle it should feel more like what its meant to be. Right now it looks more decorative.

I also think the weapons could have more shine on their metal parts. And if you wanted to go further you could add a subtle wood grain to the handles.
Structure of Reign - Government sandbox strategy game

Twitter: @PsycheMac

Offline suicidalnoodle

• View Profile

Re: Progression Thread

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:21:39 pm
I tried to do the wood grain on the handles, but was unable to get it to look right. I think the weapon sizes are a little too small for any kind of grain to look right.