AuthorTopic: [Unpaid/Rev Share] Game inspired by SNES side scrollers needs Pixel Artists  (Read 2189 times)

Offline ayaotdmusic

• View Profile
My name is Travis. I am seeking pixel artists for a currently untitled game. The game is being made by myself, a local friend, and and an online friend from Germany.  We have been working on the game since March.
The game we are making is styled after the games we enjoyed playing when we were young, side scrolling platformers. The game is inspired by Super Mario World and the DKC series. The interesting aspect of this game is it is loosely based on an online music community. 
The seven worlds are:
1-    Robot City-A futuristic city, kind of like Mega Man.
2-   Snow- Snowy, outdoors, mountains
3-   80’s (Abandoned Mall, Vapourwave Aesthetic)
4-   “Mario” World- Traditional Nintendo look
5-   Undead- Ghosts, spooky
6-   Glitched – Glitchy, falling ceilings
7-   Dungeon- Final boss type world, culmination
We have music for this project covered as two of us are heavily involved in the aforementioned music community. We are looking for artists. I would love to have anyone who feels like they can contribute to this project. My goal is to have some sort of a nice demo of the first two worlds by the end of October. At the end of October I am meeting up with people from the music community and hoping to surprise them with the game and gauge interest.
This is an unpaid job. If the game were to ever get monetized you would be compensated. No one is currently making money of this project as it is in the early stages.  I am looking for someone who wants to join a passionate team. The artist(s) will need to make main character sprites, enemy sprites, tiles, BG's, all the art currently in the game is simply place holding. I want someone who has ideas for artwork and enjoys side scrolling platformers.  If you are interested please reply in this thread or private message me.

Here is a very rough demo of the game.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hfl1j7a3ivv8plu/demoTRAVISGAME.exe
OVERWORLD
 E- enter world Arrow keys- Move around
LEVELS
Up Key- Jump
 Left Key- Move Left
 Right Key- Move Right
 Shift – Run
 P – Pause
 F- Detatch from rock wall (brown thing)
 D – Catch rock wall

Thank you for taking the time to read my message!