AuthorTopic: Help with Cosmigo Pro Motion  (Read 2193 times)

Offline hexcode

• I'm a Full-time Pixel Artist for hire!
    • @joseph_silipo
    • mrsilipo
    • View Profile
    • Joseph Silipo's Portfolio

Help with Cosmigo Pro Motion

on: July 29, 2017, 12:30:40 am
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the noob questions.
I have tried to use Cosmigo Pro Motion for quite a while and there are some basic thing that I think I just can't get right. I really struggle to find decent, easy to understand tips. Could you help me out with the following:

Is it possible to selected a color on your canvas (like magic wand) and simply delete it?
Is there a such thing as an eraser tool? Or are you forced to use a color or transparency on your brush.
Is there a way to select a section of your canvas and simply copy and paste it, or move it? Or must you use the brush tool for that.
Is there a way to NOT have color indexing, just let you free-roam with colors.
Is there a way to use brush sizes that are in-between (or larger than) the predefined sizes? Without creating your own brushes.

I feel really stupid using the software sometimes as it is so foreign to Aseprite, Pyxel Edit, or Photoshop. But it seems like the most professional program to use and I would like to know more about it's advantages.

Any help you can offer would be amazing.

Twitter @joseph_silipo
AVAILABLE FOR HIRE
I'm dedicating my life to become an amazing pixel artist.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Re: Help with Cosmigo Pro Motion

Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:55:17 am
Pro Motion is in the vein of Amiga pixel editors like Deluxe Paint or GrafX2 so if you aren't used to how they work it can be a bit to get your head around.

You can use the fill tool with "Isolated fill" unchecked to replace all pixels of an index.

There's an "Erase" painting mode which paints with the layer transparent colour, but I find it's easier just use regular paint mode and select the transparent colour from the palette.

There is a "Selection" mask painting mode, but no floating, and not even a selection-to-brush function that I can find (which I think there really should be).

Pro Motion is strictly indexed so no truecolour editing.

There's "Brush Resize" (Ctrl+Z) which allows you to click and drag to resize the brush on the canvas. There's a brush size spin/slider in the beta version, but not yet in the release version.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:21:59 pm by surt »

Offline hexcode

• I'm a Full-time Pixel Artist for hire!
    • @joseph_silipo
    • mrsilipo
    • View Profile
    • Joseph Silipo's Portfolio

Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 10:27:32 am
Surt, that really helped me out, thanks man! Spent the entire day on it today and I'm getting there slowly. Its pretty powerful and somehow makes you think about your actions more than other programs... maybe because I'm just damn slow on it haha. Thanks again Surt.
Twitter @joseph_silipo
AVAILABLE FOR HIRE
I'm dedicating my life to become an amazing pixel artist.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 08:22:12 pm
...not even a selection-to-brush function that I can find (which I think there really should be).
Actually the Grab Frame as Brush command in the brush menu respects the mask/selection so it can do this. It's quite clunky to use however as one has to clear selection and change paint mode back before you can use it as desired.