AuthorTopic: Secret Lab Scene for Pixel RPG project.  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Fractalverse Games

• View Profile

Secret Lab Scene for Pixel RPG project.

on: July 23, 2017, 08:11:09 pm
Hello! Here is the first area of my game and new(er) to pixel art. I am going for a simpler, cartoony style, but still... Was wondering if you guys could give me advice on what works and what doesn't work in regards to the overall cohesiveness of the art, the color, the line, and forms. (Less of level design, I plan on focusing on that when I get more sprites completed).

I would like to reach a point where the art is cohesive and done well enough to be considered usable for a finished game.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)
Thank you!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:18:34 pm by Fractalverse Games »

Offline hexcode

• I'm a Full-time Pixel Artist for hire!
    • @joseph_silipo
    • mrsilipo
    • View Profile
    • Joseph Silipo's Portfolio

Re: Secret Lab Scene for Pixel RPG project.

Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 12:37:43 am
Hello, it's a nice and simple style.
Easy win, I would say think about adding some other colors to the metallic stuff. It just looks like wood atm. You could also work in more metallic textures, shiny stuff.

If you wanted to go more detailed, add a light source and think about shading to make it even more interesting.

Twitter @joseph_silipo
AVAILABLE FOR HIRE
I'm dedicating my life to become an amazing pixel artist.

Offline ArzNova

• View Profile

Re: Secret Lab Scene for Pixel RPG project.

Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 03:29:21 am
Yeah, I agree about the metal texture. I like looking at material studies to try to get a sense for what makes a texture really feel like it should. And I still suck at it.

But things like this help I think:

When I think of a metallic texture, I think high contrast. I know your metal is supposed to be messy and rusty or something. But even then, it looks a little flat and could benefit from higher contrast.