AuthorTopic: GUI Color Palette - please help  (Read 2153 times)

Offline naikonu

• View Profile

GUI Color Palette - please help

on: July 21, 2017, 01:38:23 am
I am designing an interface for a game, and while I've gotten the general design completed (at least for the time being), I am struggling to come up with a color palette that works well and makes the screen visually appealing. I have looked through the default palettes in Aseprite and have referred to other interfaces, and this is my result thus far. However, something still seems off and it has left me scratching my head. I was not gifted with a taste for colors, unfortunately.

Keep in mind that the UI elements are placeholders for actual content, and are just there to serve as an example.

Does anyone have any input or advice, or can detect what is wrong?

Offline naikonu

• View Profile

Re: GUI Color Palette - please help

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 05:55:20 pm
After more readjusting I've ended up with this. I am still seeking color palette feedback, or even input on the design itself.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:55:10 pm by naikonu »

Offline swork1

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:09:16 pm
Im new, but i think the top one looks better imo.

Offline hexcode

• I'm a Full-time Pixel Artist for hire!
    • @joseph_silipo
    • mrsilipo
    • View Profile
    • Joseph Silipo's Portfolio

Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:00:48 am
Hi, either color options work well, I;m not a fan of the background though, it seems a little busy.
Regarding your tabs on the left, make sure the difference between the active and not active tabs are more distinct. I'm also not 100% sure which elements are interactive and which elements are not interactive. Other than the scroll bar and yellow/red buttons.

Think of yourself as a user and its your first time looking at this, then design based on no-prior preconceptions.

Regardless, it looks very nice :)
Twitter @joseph_silipo
AVAILABLE FOR HIRE
I'm dedicating my life to become an amazing pixel artist.