AuthorTopic: (nudity) Keops is not here (help with a lineart)  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Tisha

• Kitten
    • View Profile

(nudity) Keops is not here (help with a lineart)

on: November 02, 2006, 08:56:05 pm
So i saw the bloody murder challenge. and it makes me remember the fad when pixelers here used to kill each other, so it brought back memories, though, I didn't do one of my own.

Now back to reality, I'm stuck just when i was left before, cause I didn't pixelled much after those times, so my animation skills are not that good, (that is not gonna stop me)  but the mostly i have problems with is that is hard for me to make poses, every time i draw a body I have to draw it static and them make modifications. so this is my WIP of the body, I could use some tips in what I can do to improve the lineart, and also how I could do to make it look more natural.
I normally ask Keops, but he is not here ATM.

the other stuff next to the lineart, is myself autoshowing how the legs arm and hands should look :3
Meow

Tisha

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Re: (nudity) Keops is not here (help with a lineart)

Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:43:59 pm
What I usually do is not start with line art but flesh out poses as shapes and chunks of colour, you can see roughly what I mean from my video in the video topic. :)

Offline Tisha

• Kitten
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 01:56:20 am
thanks, I'll sure check those out...
Meow

Tisha

Offline Keops

• RibsChirino
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/189965.htm
    • View Profile
    • Behance portfolio

Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 05:10:45 am
Lawrence has a good point there. What I told you Tisha, it's better to start with rough shapes and then add detail/clean up. Working from a very clean line art like you're trying to do might work for some sprites, but what you're getting so far is going to be too stiff and artificial. Don't be afraid to doodle and sketch, you can always clean the lines on the go, and the end result is going to be great.

I'm happy to see you're back in the pixelling mood. Great to have you back at pix sweetie.

~K

PS: You should check some of the other videos. The robot by Helm is also a good example, you can start with a black silhouette and add detail as you go. The videos might give you some ideas as to how to approach this idea you have. Also, don't forget to work on your traditional art skills, pencil and paper are your friends Tisha.
Hearthstead: Art thread - Website - Twitter

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Behance portfolio