AuthorTopic: Dumpster Dogmeat [ B&W ]  (Read 3804 times)

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Dumpster Dogmeat [ B&W ]

on: November 02, 2006, 04:02:03 am
It's always been hard for me to do art themed off my name but it's good practice. Took me about 2 hours.

Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: Dumpster Dogmeat [ B&W ]

Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 04:10:53 am
Seriously dude what is this. Im sorry for the short post but I honestly don't see anything.

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 04:25:22 am
It's a dog in a dumpster howling.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 04:40:22 am
@VictorR: I believe it's a dog howling at the moon, or night sky, with the city set in the background..I'm guessing it's supposed to mean something about how loose New York deals with waste management(just messin')....other than that, you could possibly try reading the piece, as it says what it is underneath the dog...He also practically describes it in his post...I guess before you start coloring it, you might wanna fix his front leg..The longness reminds of "Hank the Cowdog" type dog anatomy...
my back hurts...

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 04:50:00 am
I think the problem here is more about composition...the dog is like a big arrow pointing nowhere, I think you should rearrange things so that he is pointing to the moon, or there are some elements pointing to him, that way you'd understand by context that he's a dog, it'd also help if the dog's  background was cleaner than those buildings, cause the dog is pretty dirty already.

you might also want to alter his face, it's not really very face-like :p

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 04:59:42 am
Thanks for the comments. I got rid of the moon as my intention for dogmeat was for him to be blasting out of the garbage can because his ultra powerful dog nose picked up the scent of something delicious. SO i removed the moon to give more emphasis to his nose and fudged his mouth so it looked like I had intended ( not howling ).

Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 05:19:46 pm
Thanks for the compliment..

Other things:

My girlfriend told me she thinks it resembles a warewolf a little, the arm really makes it look like a wolf.

Originally when I was drawing the dog/wolf I wanted the body / arm / paw to resemble that of a wolf, or at least that's what I was picturing in my head, but with a dogish head. I really wanted to give it a slightly cartoony feel, much like a junkyard dog rummaging through some garbage. Maybe I'll turn it into a colored image.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama