AuthorTopic: Flourish Animation  (Read 29826 times)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Flourish Animation

Reply #30 on: March 10, 2018, 06:10:44 pm
remove ine frame of the turn I'd say
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 09:09:55 pm

Romantic rock fists.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: April 06, 2018, 10:56:11 pm

I'm pretty proud of this one.  It's pretty messy, but that's mostly intentional; the only thing that I really want to improve is the spin at the top.  I feel that I should have the legs visible, but I can't picture how it would look. 

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 11:33:05 pm
I'd say the same sort of pinwheel as her hair does, personally. Like she's doing a midair-splits helicopter kick!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 07:16:27 pm

I also decided to swap the throw arm, as it occurred to me that she might as well use the momentum of the swing.  It involved removing a frame of lead up, as well.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 01:03:13 am

Wow, this turned out really close to what I had in mind.  The long arms are very intentional, but the whole thing was supposed to be very snappy and loose. 

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 05:19:06 am

I also decided to swap the throw arm, as it occurred to me that she might as well use the momentum of the swing.  It involved removing a frame of lead up, as well.

Doing this on my phone, but there needs to be some kind of anticipation before the throw. It starts too high, and even with the momentum of the spin in the air, the angle of the throw doesn't follow any visible arc to carry the momentum forward into the throw angle.

I'm really glad to see you still doing these. :D It's always really fun to see how crazy one can get with physics and still be somewhat convincing. :)
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: June 13, 2018, 08:15:09 am

Doing this on my phone, but there needs to be some kind of anticipation before the throw. It starts too high, and even with the momentum of the spin in the air, the angle of the throw doesn't follow any visible arc to carry the momentum forward into the throw angle.

I'm really glad to see you still doing these. :D It's always really fun to see how crazy one can get with physics and still be somewhat convincing. :)

Thanks!

I toyed with the arm a bit and made the throw arc/roll rather than just a straight line. 

I also managed to whip this up in a few hours.  Not nearly as much going on, but I did what I wanted to do with it.

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #38 on: August 16, 2018, 02:56:57 pm
That's definitely an improvement in adding some interest to the motion, but the arc seems to be a bit too straight at the beginning (coming from the straight throw). It might be worth it to give some sort of a hint as to *what* she is actually throwing (i.e. a spear, a ball of energy, or what?) to get a better idea of its weight and trajectory (and thus be able to give us a better idea of what we're seeing too and why its trail seems to be wobbling at the end or why the arc suddenly jerks so quickly back to the spot where she falls).

Also, I won't say that the fall is too fast (but there is no clearly-visible anticipation before the heavy fall), however I will say that there needs to be some delay before the rainbow energy shoots up to make up for that lack of anticipation (and to make the rainbows look like they've got *some* sort of impact -- assuming this is an attack of course.) To help with this "impact" or give a sense of danger, you could apply some variation in the lengths or angles of the rainbows coming from the ground. If they're all supposed to be equally dangerous, then you might want to make them all end up at the same height (but maybe vary their widths).

Regarding the shadow/snake guy, it's hard to follow what's happening with the (our) right hand as it's turning so it's throwing off the impression that she's turning around. Perhaps have the dark glove lag behind a little bit when the snake is behind her head and see if this helps the impression of her turning. You could also have the dark glove cross in front of the shirt too and poke out of the silhouette a bit to help with the impression. Either way could work.

Hope this helps!
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: August 21, 2018, 08:04:17 am

Rainbow Lady:
Added more of an object to her hand before she throws.  It's supposed to just be magic, so it's just an orb.  I also played with the trail so it has more of a path, and made the wavelengthy bars more like a sound wave, as it's supposed to be music themed.

Arm Lady:
Messed with the right arm's position, so hopefully it looks a bit more like she's turning.