AuthorTopic: Flourish Animation  (Read 4593 times)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Flourish Animation

Reply #30 on: March 10, 2018, 06:10:44 pm
remove ine frame of the turn I'd say
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 09:09:55 pm

Romantic rock fists.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: April 06, 2018, 10:56:11 pm

I'm pretty proud of this one.  It's pretty messy, but that's mostly intentional; the only thing that I really want to improve is the spin at the top.  I feel that I should have the legs visible, but I can't picture how it would look. 

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 11:33:05 pm
I'd say the same sort of pinwheel as her hair does, personally. Like she's doing a midair-splits helicopter kick!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 07:16:27 pm

I also decided to swap the throw arm, as it occurred to me that she might as well use the momentum of the swing.  It involved removing a frame of lead up, as well.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 01:03:13 am

Wow, this turned out really close to what I had in mind.  The long arms are very intentional, but the whole thing was supposed to be very snappy and loose. 

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 05:19:06 am

I also decided to swap the throw arm, as it occurred to me that she might as well use the momentum of the swing.  It involved removing a frame of lead up, as well.

Doing this on my phone, but there needs to be some kind of anticipation before the throw. It starts too high, and even with the momentum of the spin in the air, the angle of the throw doesn't follow any visible arc to carry the momentum forward into the throw angle.

I'm really glad to see you still doing these. :D It's always really fun to see how crazy one can get with physics and still be somewhat convincing. :)
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: June 13, 2018, 08:15:09 am

Doing this on my phone, but there needs to be some kind of anticipation before the throw. It starts too high, and even with the momentum of the spin in the air, the angle of the throw doesn't follow any visible arc to carry the momentum forward into the throw angle.

I'm really glad to see you still doing these. :D It's always really fun to see how crazy one can get with physics and still be somewhat convincing. :)

Thanks!

I toyed with the arm a bit and made the throw arc/roll rather than just a straight line. 

I also managed to whip this up in a few hours.  Not nearly as much going on, but I did what I wanted to do with it.