AuthorTopic: Flourish Animation  (Read 29592 times)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Re: Flourish Animation

Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 07:11:26 am

First part with the coin flip might need some work, but I'm pretty happy with how I managed to put my concept into action.  Weird thing, though; as is evident, his belt disappears, and that's totally a GraphicsGale thing.  I was literally pasting the frames from my other program, and they were pasting something different, and I don't know why, nor why it's a minor change with just the belt area.  Is this a color thing?  It's not even posting the right ones when I try again.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 09:46:07 pm
Graphics gale is pretty strange with the way it imports colors. If the belt could have been made accidentally 2 different colors, and thus graphics gale ended up erasing parts of the white it thought it could with gray. It auto adjusts colors to fit the gif's palette. If that makes sense.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 05:53:07 am

Managed to work around it by resaving it?  Not sure how that works.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 02:07:54 am

Somehow this started as a three hit combo, but we ended up with magic circles. 

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 01:27:56 am

Realized that he attacks with the wrong arm, so I fixed that, plus actually went ahead and made the three hit combo.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: January 26, 2018, 01:52:14 am

Been a while since I made anything I really wanted critique on... 

Basically, think magic boxing gloves.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 04:37:03 am
It's a good start but you should study some actual boxers for this! (or, alternatively, punch out!)

Of note is how her feet stay perhaps too static during the crouch, a lot of the power in a good punch comes more from the legs and hips and without proper movement there it's making her final windup smack feel a bit... piffy.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 05:40:01 am
It's a good start but you should study some actual boxers for this! (or, alternatively, punch out!)

Of note is how her feet stay perhaps too static during the crouch, a lot of the power in a good punch comes more from the legs and hips and without proper movement there it's making her final windup smack feel a bit... piffy.

She's not an actual boxer; the idea is that she's creating boxing gloves for extra damage/protection.  Still, yeah, legs weren't were they should have been.  The original concept was also more of a burst rather than just another punch, and then an elbow, but neither worked, so I just changed it altogether.

https://struz.github.io/smash-move-viewer/#/v1/szerosuit/AttackHi4/1?showAllMoves=true
I based it on Zero Suit Samus' Up Smash.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: February 06, 2018, 04:30:00 am

A mix of Cloud's Down Smash (Oddly enough) and Jin Saotome's Blodia Punch from MVC.

Effect I'm not super pleased with.  I feel like the punch lacks the force I want; it's supposed to be, "This is going to kill you," as opposed to a hard hit. 

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 08:31:33 am

Had the image of roundhousing a sword for a while and decided to make it a reality.  I feel like I'm either missing or have one too many frames, but I can't figure out which or which frame.  I'm also not 100% on the effect of the sword, but I couldn't think of a better sliding sort of look.