AuthorTopic: Miner bear  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Bearbear65

• View Profile

Miner bear

on: July 02, 2017, 09:45:34 am
After I made my first pixel art I made my second art I followed so tutorials how do you guys think
I'm open for criticism

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Re: Miner bear

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 10:56:47 pm
I think you need more contrast between your colours, since it's pretty hard to tell the shading unless we zoom in, and the helmet has lots of unnecessary shades. Also try playing around the Hue to achieve better colours :D I would suggest you looking for some Hue shifting tutorial.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 03:03:44 am
On top of colors, you seem to be working against your silhouette  by setting the arm into the body like that. It makes the design look excessively sterile! Pop that shoulder back out so he's not cringing about the woods!

Also, work on the cluster of white. I thought it was a mouth before realizing it was supposed to be fur patterning. Add a few pixels so it's all one shape and try to accentuate the snout a bit more!

There's other ideas I got but I'll let you post a rework before I get crazy, haha
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Bearbear65

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 09:42:41 am
On top of colors, you seem to be working against your silhouette  by setting the arm into the body like that. It makes the design look excessively sterile! Pop that shoulder back out so he's not cringing about the woods!

Also, work on the cluster of white. I thought it was a mouth before realizing it was supposed to be fur patterning. Add a few pixels so it's all one shape and try to accentuate the snout a bit more!

There's other ideas I got but I'll let you post a rework before I get crazy, haha
I'll prefer to see a rework  ;)
It's more easier to understand for mean then reading tips :P

Offline greengridsystems

• Green grid systems
    • View Profile
    • Green grid systems

Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:33:15 pm

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 03:38:22 pm

Prolly shouldn't be doing this, but this is basically all the critiques you got on the bear. Your colours didn't have enough contrast, the white line on his fur was read as a mouth and make the arm part of the silouette.
To show the difference in silouette:

Next time try to make the remake yourself, if you don't understand a term someone is using, or just anything, you can just ask.
You get in the bowl

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 04:55:10 am
I'll prefer to see a rework  ;)
It's more easier to understand for mean then reading tips :P

Aye, but this makes it so we can keep you rolling on editing the piece and building that understanding. Try working on your own based on what kaligula posted though, then I'll put in some other ideas that are a bit more oblique once I see you've done some of your work on it.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |