AuthorTopic: [CC] merchant donkey thingy  (Read 1605 times)

Offline ellaminaart

• View Profile

[CC] merchant donkey thingy

on: July 01, 2017, 09:43:58 am

this was a little doodle I did (inspired by that merchant in zelda: breath of the wild)
sorry if the quality of the photo isn't that great, for some reason it got all fuzzy when I exported it from gimp to an png

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Re: [CC] merchant donkey thingy

Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 10:34:28 am
  • Post clean pixels. If you must prescale it use nearest-neighbour sampling and an integer factor. Ideally don't prescale it as Pixelation has scaling built-in (click on an image and see).
  • Try and give your references when they are heavily influencing your work.
  • Do not trace someone else's art. Absolutely do not do so without declaring such. You are passing another's work off as your own. Tracing or copying isn't taking inspiration, it is just copying.

As this is traced from another's image, is line-art with flat colours taken straight from the source image and there is little in the way of pixel technique I don't see what C&C you could expect from this, or how it would be beneficial to you in any case.

Draw something yourself, from scratch (by all means look up references to see how elements are formed) and we will be able to give you meaningful C&C.