AuthorTopic: Graphics Gale Onion Skin REFUSES to work  (Read 9072 times)

Offline Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

• View Profile

Re: Graphics Gale Onion Skin REFUSES to work

Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 10:31:27 pm
32, although the posts from others make sense now, it was your post that made my finally clock how this works. Yes i moved the box and there under it was the skin.

That shape is a laptop screen, its colors is off black, and the cross a drew is off white.
The idea was to animate a space invaders type animation on this screen. and naturally the first thing i did was take the black(screen) and copy this out many times so i had a series of blank "screens" ..  then, naturally i would assume if i draw something on the first screen i would see that faded with the skin on the next frame. however this is now a conundrum.. so basically I have to copy the screen every new frame as I go?... or is the onions skin in my case useless for what i am trying to do?

As mentioned before i did try have the screen on its own layer and the activity on screen on a layer above, but i assume its the same case.

I just don't know, would it not be better for gale to take a temp image of the last frame and "overlay" a fade of it onto the next frame rather then underlay it.. seems like that would be more useful.

In effect for me to do this with onion skin would require me to re-create the last frame by copy/pasting elements , before any actual animation modification was done.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Re: Graphics Gale Onion Skin REFUSES to work

Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 10:46:53 pm
... or is the onions skin in my case useless for what i am trying to do?
Temporarily set the black colour as the frame transparent colour.

I just don't know, would it not be better for gale to take a temp image of the last frame and "overlay" a fade of it onto the next frame rather then underlay it.. seems like that would be more useful.
Then you pollute the colours of the frame you are currently drawing.
Also it would not longer match the traditional meaning. Can't very well draw on a sheet while another sheet is on top of it.
An option to do so would be nice though.