AuthorTopic: Sandcrawler trolls  (Read 1825 times)

Offline RunninBlood

• @RunninBlood
    • RunninBlood
    • View Profile

Sandcrawler trolls

on: June 22, 2017, 06:33:28 pm
Bip, Clank, Sul and Shik the Sandcrawlers. Let me know what you think!

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: Sandcrawler trolls

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:26 pm
They all have rather weak silhouettes, which means that at a glance, it's hard to tell what they're doing and the weapons they're holding. Ideally, the poses should read clearly even if you fill in the entire sprite a single colour. Yours don't read very well:

Try not having their arms just hang at their sides, give them more interesting poses.

In addition, your sprites are actually already quite close to being silhouettes - your colours have very low contrast, so it's hard to make out the different parts. For example, their arms almost completely blend into their torsos. When you're working, make sure you keep a preview window open at all times that displays your sprite at 1x. If you can't clearly see what you're working on at 1x, you need to remedy that, even if it looks clear zoomed in.

Speaking of 1x, you should post your work at 1x. The forum has a zoom feature, and it's a lot easier to give feedback if one can easily choose how zoomed in to see a piece. In addition, it's less hassle to make edits when the piece isn't pre-zoomed.

Offline Schwee

• SchweeDubulus
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Sandcrawler trolls

Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 10:17:17 pm
I agree with the previous poster about not enough contrast.  I have yet to see a post where I think to myself "woah, too much contrast!"
Looking to collaborate.  Hit me up, especially if you are a GM programmer, or if you just have some sweet ideas.