Critique > 2D & 3D

3d isometric pixel perfect voxels in unity

<< < (2/2)

Howard Day:
Don't forget to remove the backfaces to those voxel towers as well.
Oh, and you can use pixel-perfect cutout alpha clumps for the grass. No compression on the textures, no overdraw, if you subdivide your existing tile sizes into 10x10, I'm almost completely certain you won't even see a difference...and your polycount will go from 2.1million to like...1K? And it will totally run on mobile.

aureotoshi:
Voxels are considered "Pixel Art"? I work also with voxels in qubicle, and I find it super-nice.

eishiya:

--- Quote from: aureotoshi on December 29, 2018, 10:35:36 am ---Voxels are considered "Pixel Art"? I work also with voxels in qubicle, and I find it super-nice.

--- End quote ---
This thread's over a year old.

Voxel art isn't pixel art per se, but it's a related medium, many concepts and techniques are similar between them, so quite a few artists dabble in both.
Pixelation isn't just for pixel art, and the 2D & 3D section in particular is mainly for art other than pixel art.

Vinik:
Also, you can technically have 2d voxel units (tiles arranged with depth and billboarded, to represent 3d grid positions, overlapping each other as if they were 3d). And these 2d voxels can be made with pixel art techniques, so voxels can be proper pixel art. But now we really are necro-ing the thread.

aureotoshi:
Thanks eishiya and Vinik  ;) ;) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version