AuthorTopic: [PAID] Looking for pixel artist  (Read 2522 times)

Offline stringtype

• View Profile

[PAID] Looking for pixel artist

on: June 20, 2017, 03:17:59 am
Hi!

I'm looking for a pixel artist that might want to draw a few sprites every so often. I am not looking to employ someone for much time considering the extremely slow pace I work at (now I know why indie games are never ever 3D), but hopefully someone that I could send small units of work every few months. I wouldn't want to pay more than $30 an hour--though I suppose the rate depends more on your pace. So maybe two or three hours every few months?

The style I'm looking for is a bit cartoonish, similar to Ragnarok Online or Delver.

This is what the game looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzzHfoKu3rA&feature=youtu.be

It's unconventional, I know. I realize some people find the style jarring, but I'm making this game for myself, not anyone else :-p A lot of the current art is either stock art or placeholder art from Google images, with few exceptions, like the grass (that I scribbled together).

The first type of sprites I'd be interested would be environmental. I'd like some clouds, plants, and maybe UI buttons. Thanks!

Hopefully I gave you all the information you need, otherwise, ask away! (And maybe a look at Delver and Ragnarok Online for the style if you're interested after reading all this :P)

Offline Jacob_V

• View Profile

Re: [PAID] Looking for pixel artist

Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 03:53:50 am
Hello Stringtype!  I'd be interested in joining your project as an artist.  I specialize in environmental art; here are a few examples of some areas I've made.

http://imgur.com/a/79DQg

If you have a discord or an email, you can reach me at jtvbofficial@gmail.com, or Jacob_V#0308 on Discord.  Thanks for reading, and considering!

Offline Skoobasteve

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:10:23 am
Hey, I am so totally interested in this and love this style! I really enjoy this and if you feel like you enjoy my art the same, then please send me a message on discord or email :)

here is my portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/artist/skubasteve

Contact me via Discord skoobasteve#5433 or Email johnathonbrown@gmail.com

Offline Ito

• 2d/VG artist
    • itoaragon
    • itoaragon
    • itosupersonic
    • itoaragon
    • Manuel Aragón
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio:

Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 02:27:45 pm
Hello!

I think your project is looking great so far.

I'd be glad to help you with the pixel art.

My portfolio: Ito2dartist.
Contact info: itoaragon [at] hotmail [dot] com

Offline luckymee777

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 02:54:12 pm
pm sent, ^_^