AuthorTopic: Feature 03 - Mermaid  (Read 94997 times)

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Re: Mermaid!

Reply #60 on: November 13, 2006, 08:32:26 pm
while at home I can see the new image fine, however, at school I cannot.  could you possibly re-upload it with another filename please?

Offline 2dgamers

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: November 22, 2006, 07:07:10 am
The final version ROCKS! Mirre, you did so well I can't even give you enough praise... that you haven't received already. WOW! The colors were great, but your final version was better than the first. You took everyones edits and made it into something greater.  :y:

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #62 on: November 23, 2006, 10:02:05 pm
Feature get!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #63 on: November 23, 2006, 10:03:48 pm
Congrats Mirre with being Featured! :y:

Actually I hesitated with posting here to tell you this is uber-great, reason was that I waited on the finished version (with border)! But since you got featured I may tell you now! This is G-R-E-A-T!!! There was also some great help involved, that got this already awesome piece to something way greater! Nice that this will get a place in eternity..

The Mermaid  and the awesome edits deserved it;)
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #64 on: November 23, 2006, 10:22:06 pm
Feature get!

Psst! Ptoing, your Germish' is showing..

By the way Mirre, I really like how far you've come with the piece. It was great then, and looks even better now. My only crit back then was the whole non-existant nose, and the way the fins/flippers/tail were shaded. They look much better now. I like the nip-slip, adds some reality to the piece, as well as the reflection and the ripples. My only hindrence is towards the way the sky is currently dithered. I think with the style you got going here, I would have preferred a flat shaded sky...Great job..
my back hurts...

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #65 on: November 23, 2006, 10:26:42 pm
B.O.B. the "whatever get!" is something that happens in japanese videogames frequently. Latest game in which I saw it is Rhythm Tengoku "Medal GET!"

:P

/offtopic
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #66 on: November 24, 2006, 12:58:55 am
I am sorry that I have nothing of real value to add but I just have to say that this is TEH SHIT :D

Congrats on owning and getting featured! There is so much I like about this piece, but everyone else just went and said it :0 Her reflection in the water is pure magic too. Inspiration GET!

(I should be starting that killing collab, shouldn't I? D:)
' _ '

MetalDudu

Reply #67 on: November 24, 2006, 01:18:10 am
Great one, hope the nice clouds and water~

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #68 on: November 24, 2006, 01:18:01 pm
Nice topic, nice pixels. I just think that the anatomy and pose of the mermaid seem a bit, unnatural. She looks like she's the first Next Top Model to get voted out the show. :d
Also, the boobies are of unequal sizes, although that's pretty normal, I think it's nicer if they were the same size.

Oh and when it comes to pixel techniques, it looks like you pwnd them all. I grant you the pixel master certificate.
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: November 24, 2006, 01:28:02 pm
Helm: Sorry! :sry: *patpat* I didn't add the blue highlights because (I thought) they were too harsh, and didn't quite fit in with the general style of highlighting. Maybe if I had had a colour closer to the lightest one of the stone...

I don't think that's really true though. You have highlights on everything else, including the mermaid, except the rock.