AuthorTopic: My first pixel art  (Read 2272 times)

Offline almighal

• View Profile

My first pixel art

on: May 28, 2017, 05:03:03 am
Hi sorry for my english, I'm Itaian
this is my first pixel art

Any critics and suggestions are very appreciated!

thanks
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:05:18 am by almighal »

Offline Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

• View Profile

Re: My first pixel art

Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 06:17:46 am
wow, its fantastic and for your first attempt, it is a very good start.

In my opinion there is not much that I can see here that needs improving asides from a few stronger highlights in certain places, and I thought over all your image was a bit dark, so I brightened it with a smidgen of color balance.

I am not experienced with dithering myself so this seems like a fine attempt at that discipline also.

The highlights I added were randomly chosen levels of shades so if you where on a restricted pallet I have probably exceeded that now. I am not used to restricted pallets.
Anyway I think you have enough colors in your original image to do something similar to what I did with the highlights, I just got a bit lazy trying to find the ideal shades that already existed.

Oh I thought if you are up for a challenge, and to have a nice compositional feature, .. put a shot glass beside the bottle, (half full) and make it sit so its covering a bit of the bottle.  ;)

keep it up

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 06:29:49 am
Try to reduce noise where you can and focus on clustering the pixels instead. While cross-hatching it like that can look good (and gives the bottle a properly mottled texture here) you should get in the habit of erring away from it. Granted, this is me operating off what seems to be site consensus, but it's resulted in much clearer pixelwork every time I've seen it.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 10:29:43 am

don't overdo dithering. Use bigger areas with the same color.

Try to shade your internal black construction lines as well.
They can be brighter than black. Overpaint them according to the lightsource.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter