AuthorTopic: My News Pixel Arts  (Read 1587 times)

Offline BillRizer

• View Profile

My News Pixel Arts

on: May 14, 2017, 05:05:03 pm
Hello everyone! This is my first post, because it is an idea that I based on a base, but I edited it to give it a sonic advance type style

*Original Sprite

Then I did a remake (pixel by pixel) and then enlarge them, adding more clothes, and I got this ...

I hope you like it, thanks ;D

Offline Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

• View Profile

Re: My News Pixel Arts

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:44:31 pm
Hi there..

I think the scale-up and re-detailing is fine, the color themes you have chosen could be better, in particular on the wolf guy.. his eyes and hands seem completely lost , and your last 2 "evil (i assume)" variants, the eyes on both need a little bit more work.

But to be honest I question why you are doing this, if its a case that you are experimenting with pixel art then why not try develop a character out of your own imagination? It can be inspired by sonic or something else, but I think the problem with copying something so closely as in pixel by pixel, is you are not going to get experience with being creative yourself.  My suggestion is try, try, and try again to make your own works and after seek reference from other peoples work to see how you can improve it, rather then take someone else art first and trying to improve / mod it.

I hope to see something out of your imagination next time :)
Keep at it