AuthorTopic: Werewolf-bot  (Read 7687 times)

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: Werewolf-bot

Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 01:52:32 am
Wow, you changed everything around now.

K, first of all, just cause it howls doesnt mean its gonna be a wolf, generally thats what people think of when they hear it but it would also be a dog?
How do the skin tones related to anything metalic affiliated with a bot. You need to get your things straight.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 12:31:10 pm
What? A dog? Why on earth would you relate howling to a dog if you could relate it to a wolf, especially when the image is in the moonlight. There's nothing wrong with calling a robot something because of a slight similarity or relation. For example, my character the Rustbug is obviously not a bug, it doesn't even have 6 legs, and it isn't even meant to be rusty, it's only named so because of it's paint-job.

Perhaps have the robot standing on a hill or cliff-edge to relate it further? I'd avoid cropping the image so closely, make the canvas at least 300% that it is now and have a proper scene, perhaps? The leg on the left is too far outwards. You could research wolf anatomy and perhaps add a stylistic flair to the robot by creating similar legs to the beast (but with metal joints instead). Pull the tube mouth closer to the centre of it's face so it looks more like a mouth rather than an antenna.

That's all i can think of now. Good luck.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 07:36:04 pm
Made the robot much more pale (Especially the highlight, since that's light from the moon), expanded the canvas and um... Maybe something else.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 06:42:36 am
He doesn't look like a robot to me and it doesn't look like he's howling.  I thought that thing was an attenae or something.  I mean that would require a neck to bend his head, but it's just a solid block into his body.  As for looking roboty, well he looks much more blobby and fleshy rather than metally.  Robots would have clearly defined parts, I think.  Like segmented body parts, or if something is flexible and bendy, there would have to be some part of the body that is designed to be flexible and bendy, not just bendy metal. 

I think this has promise but as it stands, it doesn't succeed on its own becauseyou have to tell us what it is.  We should be able to look at it and recognize that it is at least a type of robot.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Daemon Machine

Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 01:50:19 am
Fine Fine Fine!

Check the subject of this reply.
I declare it Daemon machine! Demons happen to have a much more flexible form than wolves.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 06:39:20 am
that's looking much better.  The head still confuses me, though.  Here's a quick edit to show you what I gather is supposed to be going on in the piece, and how I think it could be better defined: