AuthorTopic: [WIP] My Hero Academia  (Read 7553 times)

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Re: [WIP] My Hero Academia

Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 10:13:41 pm
very nice. What is this 3D program you are using ?
Be Like no other

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 10:19:40 pm
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:59:23 am by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 04:19:31 am
That 3D anime head doesn't connect to the neck the way a real head does (the back of the head is more complex than just a ball), and with a chibi style like in your drawing, the situation gets even worse since chibi heads can't connect in a believable way.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you were to connect the head realistically, it'd be too far forward. If you connect it so the head's in a realistic location, the neck will appear too far forward. If you lower the head to hide the neck's location, the pose will read differently from what you probably intend. I think your first edit is fine. You could perhaps move it forward by another pixel without it looking too weird, but it's not going to look good to everybody no matter what you do, just by virtue of chibis making no anatomical sense.
This. The neck is in the "wrong" spot, but human heads aren't half the size of the human body. I think the original is fine as is. :)