AuthorTopic: I R tHe RoBoT King!  (Read 3585 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

I R tHe RoBoT King!

on: October 27, 2006, 09:45:54 am
I was bored today, and  began to doodle. Pretty soon, this robot came out. I call it "I R The Robot King"...
***(deleted)***

Seriously though, I rushed through it pretty fast mainly for a reason. I tend to notice that my pieces are ok, but most comments I recieve are about the usage or amount of color used, and how they tend to seem sloppy or unfinished. Now I understand this thing looks like crap, but what my main concern is am I using a small pallete(this one has 6, including the black) to it's best advantage, or am I still retaining my sloppyiness. I really wanna' get this color usage thing down, and refine my work with smaller sprites or pieces..If not, then I could settle for a normal crit on any part of the piece....So shoot away folks! :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:20:54 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: I R tHe RoBoT King!

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 08:54:08 pm
how do you pick your colors..It's really impressive, Im gonna try a piece like this :lol:

Arctic

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 10:09:32 pm
I like this piece a lot. I especially like the palette. The only think I have a problem with is the crown, it looks a little funky to me. But, as you said, you're trying to retain your sloppiness. But I don't think it looks like crap at all.

Offline Eric Stayburn

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 12:50:54 am
That's a pretty awful drawing there. No shading or anything, and there is no naked woman in a tub. Learn to draw, mate.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 01:46:07 am
Eric: Learn to give proper comments, strike 2, for this and some other way stupid remarks on your behalf.

Bob, nice experimenting, maybe refine some of the forms and add some simple background. :y:
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.