AuthorTopic: Saturn Safari  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Pixelfish

• View Profile

Saturn Safari

on: October 26, 2006, 06:05:24 am

Took a very long time. http://oilocean.com did the lineart, he also did the squid way back when.
Save it and view it in your imaging program, the internet's drying it out for me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 06:26:51 am by Pixelfish »

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Re: Saturn Safari

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:19:28 am
Fun piece. Great eyes. Fur is pretty good. Guess the dog isn't anatomically correct 'down there'? Heh. Great sun glow on the one ear.

I am not a fan of the arcs in the sky. I suppose it has stylistic merit, but perhaps it could have been made a little more seamless... The smoke trails behind the boots are cute, but the coloring is off. If this is a sunset, the smoke should probably have a little more blue near the front side. The purple outfit really stands out... but that's more of a general observation than a serious critique.

Again, fun piece, lovely work. Let's see some more in the near future!  :y:

Offline Pixelfish

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:56:48 pm
Yeah, I was considering adding a penis, but it wasn't really worth the "nudity" tag or the anatomical study of a dog's penis.

I am wondering if it's the color profile on my mac that's messing up the colors. Did anybody download it and view it?

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:46:42 pm
It's all really flat. I don't know. I like it to an extent, but I really think you can do better.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:01:58 pm
I love the face, the sky, and the hills to the left, but I agree with GND in that certain parts are a bit flat. Mainly the torso and near foreground. The purple/pink clothes are a bit too saturated for my tastes. Just restating what's been said before I guess, but only because I agree.

Offline Pixelfish

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 04:04:54 am
It's all really flat. I don't know. I like it to an extent, but I really think you can do better.

I'm really wondering if anyone has viewed it outside of the browser. Please save it, and view it then. It doesn't look right here and I can't seem to fix it. Unless I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, it's not flat, really it's not.

PLEASE SAVE AND VIEW.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 04:43:45 am
Looks the same to me after i save it.

The lighting should be much more dramatic considering it is during sunset.  For instance, the wolf in the background should be very dark.  I think the hues are too close together as they are, and that combined with the low contrast makes this piece seem bland to me.

The actual pixel work is well done, but as this stands the piece holds little of my interest.  I think some simple palette adjustments would take this piece a long way.

Offline Pixelfish

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 07:22:06 am
Fuck! My photoshop color profiles were all messed up. Revised and edited and colors fixed.
Sorry about that, guys.

Took some of Pep's critique, I think

I realize now that no one ever saw this like it was supposed to be seen unless they saw it on my screen. Terrible.
(New version of CS2, why the hell would it be set on a weird color profile as default?)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 07:38:22 am by Pixelfish »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 03:49:27 pm
I do admit is is much better looking. And just about everything looks better.
 :y:

The dark parts of the sand are dithered in the background, but not the foreground. That looks a little wierd to me.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)