AuthorTopic: Them thar hills...  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Rynen10K

• żĄ┴JeәЧ
    • View Profile

Them thar hills...

on: October 26, 2006, 02:08:41 am
Something I made while I was bored towards the end of one of my classes:

I have no idea what I'm going to use it for - I just kinda liked it. I feel like it needs more, though, but not too much more... any ideas?

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Re: Them thar hills...

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:06:10 pm
Awesome, I love the Mario like style to the hills.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:35:53 am

I did a little quick edit on the clouds and the main guy, Dunno if you like dithering but I was going proimarily on the colors.

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 06:46:32 am
Pretty neat concept you got and it's fairly well rendered but there's still a lot of work that could be done in my opinion.

I kind of think the two styles clash a bit, the large pixel people and the regular sized hills and clouds. One way you could possibly tie this in better would be to make the details of the hills with this large pixel brush/size and even shade the clouds with large blocks of color. I'm not really sure how you will want to do this but I think it deserves some attention.

Secondly as VictorR mentioned the colors could use some work. I made an edit of some stuff I think you could do with the piece to bring more life into it. (I realize my some of my colors came out similar to VictorR's without looking at his piece. It's just how my colors turn out usually).

I hope this can be of some use.