AuthorTopic: [nudity] Deep waters.  (Read 8808 times)

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Re: [nudity] Deep waters.

Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 08:36:26 am
I agree with the color issues and pointed that out earlier to Mia. The colors are like mid morning indoors with a neutral light casting on the figure. But I'm willing to suspend disbelief with the dynamic magic of the whole thing. Just wish the background had a little more refinement so that it wasn't too texturally disparate from the foreground figure.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 11:04:24 am
Thanks for all the replies :)

FryChiko: heh, yes, Pep did point that out to me. The decision to make it underwater wasn't made before the 'diver' was completely done, and I actually don't think that ANY sunlight would get down into really deep waters (which is what we assume to be the case here :P), so think of it as some really bright headlights of a passing-by submarine or something :D.

ptoing: Oh, I didn't soften all over it anyway for fear of touching the diver (I already had merged them when i decided to blur), some parts are handmade. I think there aren't even any colors to soften the outer dark parts.

Here's an update, with hip bone (in the correct place hopefully :) ) and a different face:

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 11:51:06 am
Was a little late as there's a new version now, but no matter.

First off, excellent job so far. I'm really impressed with the skintones and lightuse.

The others have mentioned a few things to make it look a little more 'underwater', I did a quick edit to test some ideas.

The bubbles are the key factor really. I added various fish, some seaweed and those little white things that usually cling to rocky surfaces (Don't know their translated name, sorry.) Actually, I think those only live close to the surface come to think of it. Something similar might work though.

I'm a little confused about how the legs end. I wouldn't have questioned it hadn't it been for the outline.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 12:03:46 pm
I really feel like i should have worked on it more now. The sea weed and the bubbles and little 'flakes' floating around really look great. The fish might be a bit too bright and distracting. I was aware that I didn't really tap the full potential of the underwater scenery, as it wasn't exactly planned at first, but this really makes me regret it.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 12:06:48 pm
you can easily add a layer of underwater-ness to this with a brightness brush with careful application: lightness refractions from surface on the body, wavy pattern. Change the highlight on the mask too.

Offline Eric Stayburn

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 01:29:13 am
Why is everyone mad at mine when you have a picture of a penis in yours? What the hell man.

Nice, by the way. Reminds me of my junior high years.  >_>

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 01:40:05 am
Because this is tasteful and yours is not. Also, he added [nudity], which helps mucho.

Aaanyways, I have no crits, this is beautiful. Really like the skintones. That's about all.

Offline Sereth

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 04:57:02 am
Why is everyone mad at mine when you have a picture of a penis in yours? What the hell man.

His doesn't have a animation of a naked woman pooping on herself.

Very nice, only things I would suggest were taken by Snake in his edit and leg ending comment.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 09:04:23 am
I adore the rendering on it. Really nice job, man.

- Adam

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 11:18:44 am
Amazing. Especially on the anatomy, and the bg.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.