AuthorTopic: [C+C] First pixel art post  (Read 5171 times)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [C+C] First pixel art post

Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 10:39:03 pm
Looking somewhat better! I'd say add some leaf piles around the roots of trees to ease the transition to the ground tiles some, and for the wall trees I'd reduce that second layer so it looks more like a cross-section than a flat top. Like, expand the dark center out more.
I'd also reccomend reducing how many lines you work with in here, working with solid chunks of color instead of using the lines to divide the leaves might look a bit better.

Like so:

Terrible colors on my part, but hopefully sells the concept well enough! limit your use of the darks more, otherwise it looks like scales or gaps in the leaves. You could even use it for that exact purpose (as in, patches of darkness where the leaves aren't there to break up the pattern and look more organic) but the big thing to fix is the noisy inner lines!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Aniki

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 06:37:54 am
Hey, I messed with the colors a tad. The biggest problem for me was how saturated the ground is, it's dominating the image.
Here's what it looks like just taking the ground saturation down a bit:

Also you've got like a bazillion colors. I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life but I find limiting your pallet to 3-5 shades to really help unify images and make them cleaner.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 07:05:40 am
oh man, that is a HUGE improvement on aniki's version! I still reccomend adding some leafpile tiles and dirt patches to ease transitions, but definitely snag the new colors he's slapped up.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline drax013

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 06:28:49 pm
WOW! that dose look a ton better! What can I say I really like colors and can go overboard sometime  :-[ I will be doing a huge revamp of thew whole tileset I think. I will post a redone scene when I am done, Thank you guys so much for all the help!!!  :lol:

Offline drax013

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 07:51:07 pm
So I tried to take the advice I was given and reworked both the ground and the forest edge tiles, Im thinking ill use the green ground tile without grass tuffs on it and make sporadic grass patches over the more brown ground tile.

no shadow on this set yet.