AuthorTopic: Strange dog from outer space  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Strange dog from outer space

on: October 24, 2006, 06:56:27 pm
Well i was just bored and tired of doing things for the university so i made this strange dude. I don't know exactly what it is so you can name it if you want  :P

Good luck!

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Re: Strange dog from outer space

Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:38:03 pm
I REALLY want to name this but I cant figure out a name that could level up to its greatness....The only thing *I* can say is his ears are wierd, needa be more earish, like they look like they came out of nowhere on his head, but everthing else iz awsome....I know you didnt ask for critique soo sry. But its cool
Japan + Canada = Japanada

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 11:21:07 pm
Dont be sorry to give critique Abyss, its the best thing you can do. He'd be a fool not to want critique, anyone would.
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 11:30:48 pm
*except for fools

Offline HauntedArt

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:44:44 am

Did a (very) quick edit on the colors. I didn't know if the bright part of the sky was supposed to be the moon, but that didn' make sense with the light on the rest of the pic so I made that darker too.
So basically you need a lot more contrast and saturation, if this isn't a foggy day or something. But then the stars would't be visible so I'm guessing this is a night scene.  :D
He might be leaning a bit backwards too, but I'm not quite sure...
Other than that, good job.  :y: As for a name, what about "Spazz the spacedog" ? :P

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 01:10:22 am
He looks more like a Rusk.

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 02:41:29 am
HEHE thanks a lot for your comments and critics, of course i need and want critics, i just don't ask for them anymore because i did that in my other posts, but ALWAYS say what you think of my work because i'm learning from that comments.
Also i don't apologize anymore for any errors in my english because i'm from Argentina, but remember that for my next posts :P

P.D.: for the moment he's "Spazz Rusk the spacedog"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 02:49:04 am by Cazador »

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 11:25:20 am
How about "Rusk the Spazzy Spacedog"?
Japan + Canada = Japanada

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 12:58:23 pm
You've got a good style going for the character in this one. Sort of reminds me of the large french comics  with the way you've presented it.

That said, there are a few things that could need some work. The ears and position of the legs have bothered me a bit. I like the palette you've been going for, but you don't seem to be using it to it's full extent. Here's what I mean:

The rock he's standing on has more or less open areas with tiny shaded parts on them rather than giving it full volume. With so many colours, you don't necessarily need dithering to the extent you've used. I managed to shade the rock and grass using no dithering at all. I replaced the brightest rock colour with a brighter, less saturated one, because the two brightest ones were nearly identical with one just being in a yellow hue. I also removed one of your grass colours that was too similar to another.

Since he's a space dog, I put a planet in behind him to help with the theme. I also made use of all your sky colours that you had spread out across very small surfaces to unify it better.

For the dog, I fixed how the ears connect a bit, and moved the legs to get him back in balance. (he was tilting towards the right.) With the dark shadow he's casting on the grass, it would only be natural if he had the same amount. I increased the contrast and lowered the saturation to mimic the rest of the picture. Lighting up the outline facing the light was not necessary, but it shows an alternative way to do it. Also added another arm and was on a roll so I added a tail for good measure (him being a dog and all.)

That's about it. Hope I could help out.

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 01:36:40 pm
Woooooooooooooooow  :o    it's looking so good that i can't believe he's "Rusk the Spazzy Spacedog"  :lol:

Very very good work Snake, i'm surely learning a lot of things from your edit, like that awesome grass and the way you lightened the rocks... well, everything is awesome, i really like the planet too! Thanks a lot!!  :y: