AuthorTopic: Pixel Art + Comic Books = The Amazing Fantastics  (Read 3820 times)

Offline neonarkade

• View Profile

Pixel Art + Comic Books = The Amazing Fantastics

on: April 02, 2017, 02:50:28 am

The Amazing Fantastics is a turn-based RPG saga that puts the player in the shoes of a hero who must assemble a team of super-powered allies to protect one of the most dangerous cities in the country. This city, Utopia, is the poster child for crime and corruption and in defending it your heroes come face-to-face with criminal organizations, fiendish mutants, and even otherworldly deities. You'll see firsthand that Utopia is a living, breathing creature with tons of dark secrets visible only to those crazy enough to go looking for them.

Featuring over 20 playable heroes, vast selections of equipment, skill trees, and other RPG staples, The Amazing Fantastics gives players the freedom to play the game how they want. Whether saving the city as a team of threatening brutes, a posse of elemental powerhouses, a squad of tech-savvy brainiacs, or a league made up of a mix of heroes, there's something here for RPG and superhero fans alike.

Build the ultimate league of heroes using 20 playable superheroes, each with their own unique powers and personalities.

The more heroic deeds you perform, the more famous you'll become. Get discounts on gear, see your face on billboards, and enjoy having a legion of adoring fans.

Customize your hero's physical appearance, costume, and abilities.

Cutscenes that look like they're straight out of a comic book.

SYNC Moves - Characters that work together in battle can build up their SYNC. Once the SYNC meter for two teammates reaches 100%, these heroes can unleash a powerful move that can deal major damage, fully heal its users, or maybe even provide buffs depending on how the two synced characters interact with one another.

Get your first glimpse into the epic and colorful world of The Amazing Fantastics in the game's opening section.

• Platforms: Windows
  • Genre: Turn-Based RPG
  • Number of Players: One
  • Languages: English
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:11:21 am by neonarkade »

Offline neonarkade

• View Profile

Re: Pixel Art + Comic Books = The Amazing Fantastics

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 03:02:57 am
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:15:44 am by neonarkade »

Offline JosephSeraph

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 05:31:13 pm
the name came off to me as a bit uninspired (about as much as "Fantasy Quest" would be) but otherwise this seems like a neat project with fine artwork. Will keep an eye on it!~

Offline neonarkade

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 01:32:32 am
the name came off to me as a bit uninspired (about as much as "Fantasy Quest" would be) but otherwise this seems like a neat project with fine artwork. Will keep an eye on it!~

Thanks! Have you tried the prologue?

As for the name, it's kind of like that on purpose. I wanted a name that would allow someone to guess what the game might be about even if they had never heard of it before. In this case, the game's about superheroes. The Amazing Fantastics will also play on some common superhero tropes and I think that the name reflects that, like how Scary Movie's title, which is purposely generic, represents how heavily the movie borrows from/parodies its genre. That was my reasoning behind the title.