AuthorTopic: Wrong tape  (Read 7191 times)

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile
    • Pixelart and Photoshop tutorials

Wrong tape

on: October 22, 2006, 06:43:16 pm

Jigsaw vs. Samara (for Pixelween)

Inspired by and stylized to FFTA for GBA. Playing it too often recently :)

EDIT: improved the font, now it's original FFTA font.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 07:35:10 pm by Gas 13 »

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Re: Wrong tape

Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 06:55:33 pm
That looks really good Gas. I like the "black and white" with a few colors to draw your attention in. It's really hard to critque without image zoom though. What's with the brown rounder squares/circles on the side? Is it a film strip? I'm not sure having those colored like that help much because due to their saturation it kind of draws your attention to the side too. Anyhow great work.

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 06:59:02 pm
Two things, Samara looks to good in the picture, and Jigsaws face is... not his face. He wears a pig mask. And some type of red and black robe.

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 07:06:37 pm
Two things, Samara looks to good in the picture, and Jigsaws face is... not his face. He wears a pig mask. And some type of red and black robe.
alright mr. analyst, im pretty sure gas went for a cute like approach to samaras face for the portrait...and your master knowledge of the saw films is astonishing. Gas obviously wanted it to be samara vs. the puppet. the puppet doesnt have a name in the films but is the general mascot for the Jigsaw killer. Using the puppet instead of the real killer is a much more effective approach for this piece.

Gas, i love this, its executed perfectly in my opinion. i love the red phone, it stands out so well in the scene. It looks more sepia than black and white, and i like that more. The only think i think you could improve on, would be the text.
alexander

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 07:09:03 pm
What's with the brown rounder squares/circles on the side? Is it a film strip? I'm not sure having those colored like that help much because due to their saturation it kind of draws your attention to the side too. Anyhow great work.

Yup, that's a filmstrip for the Pixelween 2 contest. The sides are requirements for all entries.

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 07:09:31 pm
Quote from: Delgneith
What's with the brown rounder squares/circles on the side? Is it a film strip? I'm not sure having those colored like that help much because due to their saturation it kind of draws your attention to the side too. Anyhow great work.

It's Pixelween template.

Quote from: Takai Soyokaze
And some type of red and black robe.

He wears black suit with a red bow-tie and red shoes. I remember the moment with the robe though.

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 07:15:22 pm
Quote from: clr
Gas obviously wanted it to be samara vs. the puppet. the puppet doesnt have a name in the films but is the general mascot for the Jigsaw killer.

Good point,clr. But there's an episode when Jigsaw is riding 3-wheels-bike? I don't think that was a puppet there.

Quote from: clr
The only think i think you could improve on, would be the text.

Hm, I could get the font from screenshots but was really lazy that moment and typed them. Then I realized they are weird and edited. Now it's some kind of non-existent font...

Offline RoboLlama

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 07:20:48 pm
Jigsaw is the old guy in the black n red robe, his puppet is the thing that looks like a clown in the back suit w/ red bow tie. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Jigsaw never rides the trike, I know not in the Saw 2 since in that one he hasta have his IV and stuff with him. I dunno I might go back and watch the movies... Just too lazy to go find them in my Rack-O-DVDs

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 07:31:29 pm
Good point,clr. But there's an episode when Jigsaw is riding 3-wheels-bike? I don't think that was a puppet there.

I believe it was the puppet.

but to get to the piece, I really love it, I already saw :P it on pixeljoint and I was pleased to see a FFTA style piece, because I really like this game, good job ;D

-EDIT

http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/images/1261424d.jpg
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 07:42:39 pm by KilledBySuicide »
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 07:44:54 pm

As clr mentioned, even if that was just a puppet it would better illustrate the Jigsaw killer.