AuthorTopic: This Dragons under-body needs help (ideas please)  (Read 2171 times)

Offline DieMango

• View Profile

This Dragons under-body needs help (ideas please)

on: March 25, 2017, 03:12:52 pm

Like the title says...the ass of this beautyful reptile giving me problems...quite the rough ones even.

I dont want the legs to touch the arms but dont went to make it look tooo snake-like...

Ideas and thoughts appriciated !

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: This Dragons under-body needs help (ideas please)

Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 11:56:01 pm
Perhaps shape variation? A bulbous backside could give him more of an unnatural appearance.
Alternatively, try taking inspiration from creatures like the Gila Monster on Google!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline DieMango

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 05:14:08 pm
Perhaps shape variation? A bulbous backside could give him more of an unnatural appearance.
Alternatively, try taking inspiration from creatures like the Gila Monster on Google!
The gila monster doenst have such an intersting shape...

coud you explain what you mean in simpler terms? I dont really know what you mean...

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:02:21 pm
I was providing two seperate options, but there's not much I could do to really make the idea clearer there.
Instead, here's a couple mockups:

A more classic "godzilla" type of dragon look. Built for defense and intimidation

A more twisty "lizard" looking dragon, built for climbing around on walls and being a nuisance

And a more out-there "chimera" style dragon, vaguely inspired by armadillos for the back half. Probably some sort of horrible dark souls mutant. Built for a more monstrous fighting experience, probably has some weird and unexpected attacks.

Think about what you want the fight with this thing to be and work from there, that's usually been a good technique for me.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |