AuthorTopic: [WIP][CC] Adventurer  (Read 8133 times)

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Re: [WIP][CC] Adventurer

Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 07:25:23 pm
Edit:
Not really sure if I like everything about my edit. But the biggest thing is that those 3 neckspots look pretty bad in the original, I tried to make it more of a mane, and use that to define the head. I think I succeeded in that regard. Other than that you have a lot of colours, I tried to unify those more, which means re-useing them. I also tried changing the eyes, because I usually don't like small eyes, but  my edit isn't even an improvement on that.
You get in the bowl

Offline Silenia

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 09:04:22 pm
Proportions/anatomy of that wolf are way off.

*Tail is far too short. (Should reach or almost reach the fibula)
*Back pair of legs has a far wider upper leg than the frontal pair. BOTH pairs of leg shouldn't be widening this early (the whole toes to first curve in the leg is the foot. The lower leg isn't much wider than that; it's only the upper leg--and even then only really this more for the back legs--that's more ham-shaped)
*Back legs show significantly more of their  "curve" than front legs in a standing position like this.
*Distance between front and back pair of legs is ~2-3 times the widest part of the back upper leg.
*Back legs should "merge" with the body at significantly higher height than front legs. This is because the torso "tapers off" towards the back, seeing as there are no ribs there.
*Neck starts at approximately the same width as the frontal legs and extends significantly forward from the torso. No part of the head is 'on' the torso but rather in front of it.
*The height of the head at its highest, ears excluded, is only about 2/3rds that of the height of the torso.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 07:38:07 am
I want to chime in to disagree with silenia, on the basis that the innacuracies make for a more appealing cartoony design. Gives the pup a squat yet cute look!
I'd change the tail some, but otherwise take notes from kaligula's lighting changes for a cleaner design.
Keep it coming, I really dig the effect you've done on the fire!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Sersch

• @moi_rai_
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 07:17:05 pm
Thanks for the suggestions!
@CFKalingula: The idea with the mane was especially great. Here an iterated version:

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 07:58:26 pm
You could have the best of both worlds with the mane by making it a single cluster, but with a rough edge:

I also edited the tail to be a little longer. Think of the swooshy animation possibilities with a longer tail!

Offline Sersch

• @moi_rai_
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 08:03:54 pm
yeah that looks pretty good too, now i'm undecided :)

The tail looks definitely better, but i made it short with the hindsight of using the particle effect as an extension

Offline eishiya

• View Profile
    • Website

Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 08:28:23 pm
I somehow managed to completely blank on the particle effects despite thinking they looked awesome just yesterday. Ignore the tail suggestion, oops.

Offline Sersch

• @moi_rai_
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 09:31:09 pm
Combat idle animation:

Offline Sersch

• @moi_rai_
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 09:49:50 am
Ok i worked a bit on the spectral wolf again since i wanted to change the angle he looks a little bit to make it more in line with my other monsters:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:05:25 am by Sersch »

Offline eishiya

• View Profile
    • Website

Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 12:50:26 pm
Though the body changes look fine to me, I think it would be best if the head stayed looking forward (i.e. in profile, it mostly in profile). Unlike the monsters, the wolf's got places to go, things to see, and looking at the player makes it look like it's not a character that should be moving. The profile also makes a better silhouette.