AuthorTopic: Aircraft (WIP - Game/Shooter)  (Read 3847 times)

Offline cpaw88

• View Profile

Aircraft (WIP - Game/Shooter)

on: October 22, 2006, 10:04:34 am
Today I was playing at the Arcade and I was having a blast playing Eco Fighters!  After I came back I wanted to make a game just like it so I got to work on some Aircrafts.  Now I have only done about 5 days of Pixel Art overall since I'm new, so heres one Aircraft that is still a WIP that I have been working on for the last 3 hours.  I really hope I can pixel some nice graphics so I can put my years of programming to use and make my dream game.

NEW

I'm open to any c&c, thanks!

(Please note that I'm fully aware of the barrel tips on the plane are too light, i'll be fixing that in my next edit.)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 04:21:35 pm by cpaw88 »

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: Aircraft (WIP - Game/Shooter)

Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 03:52:16 pm

I really liked the concept of this ships. Its really cool! You should turn this into a scrolling shooter :y:
You had little problems with your shading even though it looked fine without my edit. I wanted to show you how to give depth to the image.

Offline cpaw88

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 04:21:18 pm
Thanks for the exampe with the edit, however it really took a ton of detail off the ship when adding depth like that, in the back of the ship it lost what I was going for.

I fixed my engine flames and fixed some small things plus the back of the engines are now fully togeather with the ships back.

OLD

NEW

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:04:09 pm by cpaw88 »

Offline cpaw88

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 01:19:43 am
I got some help off another forum, so I fixed how the guns were too big and also fixed the lighting on the wings, since it didn't look as if light was above but more forward.  I also added engine animations.

This pixel art peice is complete, thanks.

(I will not be posting a final product.)

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 01:48:06 am
Rather than just tell you what I think, I'm providing a sample of an old ship demo I made for someone else when they were looking for ship info:

Tips:
Try keeping your ship colors neutral/desaturated if you can. You can always go back in and add 'paintjob' details that really pop against a desaturated hull.

Sometimes it helps to build up your ship from a middle tone.

It's not always necessary to give your ships an outline. Often times with sprites moving over varied backgrounds it's simpler to use little to no outline at all. Use judgement.

Good luck cpaw88.

Offline cpaw88

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 05:31:38 am
Thanks, this example really showed me a lot.  Thanks again for your time, it means a lot to see a visual example.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:31:06 am
You're welcome.  :)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.