AuthorTopic: Desert Rock Plateau critique  (Read 2188 times)

Offline beggar_studios

• View Profile

Desert Rock Plateau critique

on: March 01, 2017, 10:58:42 pm
Hey guys, I made this desert rock plateau but I think the texture may be too messy. Can someone critique it for me and suggest how to improve it? I may have put too many details in it so if you go beyond 2x zoom it becomes hard to look at. Thanks in advance!

Offline Petrichor

• View Profile

Re: Desert Rock Plateau critique

Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:30:48 am
I think the railings could do with more contrast between it and the floor.  The shading on the stones is pretty similar to the colour of the rails.  You may be right about the amount of detail!  Compared to the rest of the piece the floor seems out of place.  As well, depending on it's use in a scene, the "busyness" of the floor could fight for the viewer's attention.  Hope that helps!

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:24:36 am
I think, just hint at the texture and make some larger blank areas, like you did with the steps.

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 09:48:50 am
I personally like the texture on the top part of the platform. There's a big difference in detail between the brick floor and everything else though. The sides/front piece of the platform is bare but you do imply there is stonework because you erased some pixels on the bottom sides of the platform.