AuthorTopic: 3rd Pixel Art - Samurai Jack Surfing a Lillypad  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Kya Hon

• View Profile

3rd Pixel Art - Samurai Jack Surfing a Lillypad

on: March 01, 2017, 10:51:38 pm

Another Samurai Jack pixelart, this time I've broken past my very small sprites and increased
the overall size of the image as well. Criticism is welcome!

Offline Kya Hon

• View Profile

Re: 3rd Pixel Art - Samurai Jack Surfing a Lillypad

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:04:44 pm
Note to MysteryMeat if he responds:
I kept a very light gray outline just to define the borders a bit more (as opposed to completely white and indistinguishable outlines) just for practice this time. If I ever do another pixelart with Jack, I will completely simplify the colors to only white and grey on the gi.

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:26:35 am
pretty cool,  but why don't you finish the last piece? And if you know what you want to change/improve, you should just make those changes on this instead of starting yet another one. You won't train yourself in a discipline of refinement if you don't, and you'll end up with dozens of piece you feel are half finished or mediocre.

Offline Kya Hon

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:53:35 pm
Oh shoot. When mysterymeat said I'd have to completely remake the character to stay true to the art style I took it as a sign to do it from the ground up.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:25:39 am
Oh, no!! That's a good instinct but I simply meant redrawing samurai jack not the whole scene haha. Good improvement on your pose here!

I recommend studying some anatomy and proportions next, start with easy guidelines like the anime "oval method" then build on top of that with the gradual addition of more complicated concepts like muscle groups, skeletal structure, and the Maelstrom of lighting and shading concepts and techniques. Proko(?) On YouTube does excellent guides on anatomy, and if you google the name "andrew loomis" you'll find a veritable treasure ttove of material written by the kindest art grandpa ever.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |