AuthorTopic: [WIP] The Beast  (Read 4217 times)

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

[WIP] The Beast

on: October 19, 2006, 06:01:24 pm

The names retarded but its the first thing that popped up. I got this one off the Lineart thread, I wanted to focus more on my colors this time and I think I made a nice pallete. Only 7 colors and I added more muscle defenition.

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] The Beast

Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:14:19 pm
it's the king goron
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 06:16:52 pm
Uh thanks for the CNC.  ???

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:43:09 pm
(Without trying to sound too much like a smartass ^-^) More precicely it's King Darunia. http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/jeux/img/128_darunia.gif (random link)

At the moment, you're making him into a human. Unless you chose to do that to the entire body, he *will* have abstract proportions. Personally, a Darunia in human form is damn scary in my head.  :huh:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 08:22:24 pm by snake »

Scotteh

Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 08:10:49 pm
just out of interest, where is the lineart thread?

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 08:12:18 pm
@Scotteh: It's pinned at the top of the pixel art forum.  It's the only pinned thread in the pixel art forum.  Y'know, the one with 11 pages and 35,000-ish views?  Yeah, that one.

Critique:
-The body looks really flat.  Despite the off-center midline, the abs appear to be facing towards the viewer, making them appear asymmetrical and strange.
-Shading-wise, you probably want to separate your buffer shades a bit.  The second and third darkest colors are almost identical, and our lightest and second-lightest colors are almost identical.  You have enough contrast overall, but the individual shades are a bit close to each other.  This is especially evident on the arm, where at 1x it appears to have two colors.  I was about to write that you needed a buffer shade, but then I realized that there were in fact four colors on the arm.

Looks like a good start; good luck with the rest of it.

[EDIT] Apoligies for the off-topic-ness.  Added critique so the post isn't a total waste of space. [/EDIT]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:41:12 pm by robalan »
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 08:22:24 pm
What on earth is with the offtopicness?  :'( Kitties cry now.

Victor, from a glance the anatomy seems fairly off, and therefore will seriously damage the final result. I suggest you look up some stuff on general human anatomy so you can get it looking right. I also suggest you fix the lines where the head is, as it is severely skewed and looks very odd. To be honest i'd not use those lines if you wanted to make something new, i'd use the original as only a reference instead (not for anatomy, of course).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 08:25:03 pm by Larwick »

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 07:38:42 pm
That's a copy of the goron dude. -_-" Isn't it against the rules to copy and not say it's someone else's?
Japan + Canada = Japanada

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 07:48:21 pm

The names retarded but its the first thing that popped up. I got this one off the Lineart thread, I wanted to focus more on my colors this time and I think I made a nice pallete. Only 7 colors and I added more muscle defenition.

Hope you be more observant before you talk.

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 07:49:20 pm
T_T Srry.
Japan + Canada = Japanada