AuthorTopic: [PAID] Pixel Artist for Board Game Development  (Read 3095 times)

Offline zachl1220

• View Profile

[PAID] Pixel Artist for Board Game Development

on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:16 pm
Hi All,

I am in the process of developing a board game, and am in search of an artist to consult on art direction, as well as provide an initial set of pieces as detailed below. A fair pay rate will be established based on the artist's experience and proposed time-frame. Pay will be in accordance with the fair standards set by thread rules. It is proposed that the project will begin with a limited phase of development (approximately 4-5 pieces), where payment will be provided at the end of the works. If the work is satisfactory, I would be looking to establish a long running employment of the tendering artist to complete the artwork for the entire board game.

The board game (Title TBC) is quite far along in it's development, and is ready for play-testing. It is my preference to have an initial set of artwork completed before progressing to further stages to help with promotional materials and aid in the play-testing process. The game consists of ~100 cards (approximately 60 of which will require unique artwork). In addition to the cards, there is a dial component, rulebook, and box that will require artwork.

I am London based, so would be interested in finding a local artist such that we can work together in person, but I am open to offers from international artists as well.

The following works are included within this initial offering:

- Kickoff meeting and art direction consultation
 - Completion of unique pixel artwork for approximately 4-5 character portraits.
 - Completion of 2 card templates for portrait framing and display of card information.
 - Completion of 1 simple card back for use with all cards

Artwork is particularly valued to me for this board game, and I would like to consider it as a unique selling point for the game. Therefore, I am looking to establish a good relationship with the tendering artist to develop a unique charm and character to this work.

In terms of initial direction, the game will contain artist interpretations of classic RPG classes (i.e. white mage, samurai, monk, etc) using high quality pixel art reminiscent of SNES artwork, thinking particularly of games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest etc. Monsters/enemies will also be required to be designed with the same inspiration. Class cards will likely be printed on standard 2.5" x 3.5" cards, while it is likely that monster cards will be printed on 3.5" x 5.5". Quality/resolution of portraits will need to suit these dimensions. The card templates will need to display a small amount of text, as well as health and a couple other statistics. It is my initial feeling that the cards will have similar proportions to Hearthstone cards.

Interested artists can email me, and we can schedule an initial meeting over Skype, or potentially in person if local.

As stated, this is an initial offering for works that may lead to a much larger contract. It is anticipated that the contract will be split into manageable stages, with regular billing and payment. I am happy to answer any questions you have about this.

If you would like further information, please feel free to comment on this thread, or let me know via email.

Thanks,
Zach

Offline Animator

• View Profile

Re: [PAID] Pixel Artist for Board Game Development

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:27:32 pm
PM sent.

Offline cococamo919

• cococamo191
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp
    • cococamo919
    • cococamo919