AuthorTopic: Animation Studies  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Swifty

• View Profile

Animation Studies

on: February 12, 2017, 11:37:30 am
Started going through a couple animations books and thought I would start a topic here to post my animation studies to get feedback/crits/advice.

So here's what I've done so far:

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Re: Animation Studies

Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 01:32:28 pm
Love the bottom one :)

The swinging arm thing doesn't seem right. If there's no force applied from the source (like a dog wagging its tail) then the weight of its end tip should control the swinging. So that means the fall, or the start of the swing, should be much less abrupt. Dunno if that explanation makes sense? I can try an edit later.

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 07:53:01 pm

The swinging arm thing doesn't seem right. If there's no force applied from the source (like a dog wagging its tail) then the weight of its end tip should control the swinging. So that means the fall, or the start of the swing, should be much less abrupt. Dunno if that explanation makes sense? I can try an edit later.
If I'm reading it right, it is a study of one of the examples from the Animator's Survival Kit and supposed to be the arm of a person in an exaggerated stroll. If it is that, it still looks a bit odd and unnatural, not flowing too well. Must be the t...t...t...timing or the sp..sp..sp..spacing. ;)

Offline Swifty

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:05:56 pm

If I'm reading it right, it is a study of one of the examples from the Animator's Survival Kit and supposed to be the arm of a person in an exaggerated stroll. If it is that, it still looks a bit odd and unnatural, not flowing too well. Must be the t...t...t...timing or the sp..sp..sp..spacing. ;)
Yep that's the one I was referencing! I had a bit of trouble with the spacing. I'll go back and give it another shot.

Thought I'd have a go at an explosion using Pedro Medeiros guide:

Offline Swifty

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 11:34:41 am
Got around to editing my old treasure chest... new is on the left.