AuthorTopic: Unusual Perch  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Macks

• View Profile

Unusual Perch

on: October 18, 2006, 09:55:20 pm

A piece I started. I've never really worked with an unusual pallete such as this before.
Any and all critiscm is welcomed.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: Unusual Perch

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:58:10 pm
The pallettes fantastic, his left arm bugs me alittle htough.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 04:45:39 am
Hair sucks, imo.
Everything else is good.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 12:18:10 am
While rabid's reply is pretty much a waste of our bandwidth, he is right about the hair.  The face is also a little hard to make out; is he looking straight down or towards us a little? I can't really tell.  Try treating the hair more like a single mass instead of a series of strands, and then letting the texture show its strandy nature.  The area between the bicep and tricep on his left arm could use a little more loving, too.  You can use your own body parts as a reference there :p  If I wasn't sitting in a lab during a class I'm not a part of, I'd put out an edit to show you what I mean, but perhaps someone else with a little more freedom will. 

The rest of your anatomy is pretty solid, you give a good impression of weight and balance in the pose.  I'm not CRAZY about the stylized palette but you're using the colors you have fairly well.  Putting some of the flesh tones in the clothing was a good call, although a little more variation of color in the headstone would really bring out the texture.
typing ewith fdace

Offline Macks

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 08:20:32 pm

A new stab at the hair, and tried to fix the arm.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 08:38:52 pm
You could really  improve the form of the cross by getting rid of the black outlines on the inside and making the front less pillowshaded. There's also a little pillowshading in other areas, like the arms. You don't have to use all the shades in between the highlight and the edge. You've also got a mixture of black and colored outlines, which looks a bit off.

Offline Macks

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:15:11 pm

I tried to impliment what you said.