AuthorTopic: apprehensive walk cycle  (Read 6919 times)

Offline dotodrymo

• View Profile

Re: apprehensive walk cycle

Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 09:36:23 am
Ah, I see my mistake! You were right, mysterymeat. I was referencing myself in the mirror, and I'm much shorter than the tall model in the picture. I also didn't recognize or account for her hunched-up shoulders, which made my use of the hand-thigh rule incorrect. Woops!  :blind:

I'm still not convinced that the anatomy is 100% -- specifically, the knees on that skeleton don't align with the knees on the photo reference, which suggests that other stuff is off, especially in the arm-n-shoulder area -- but since you're modifying the pose, perfecting this one is irrelevant.

Good work so far, and good luck moving forward!

Edit: ninja'd - that pose change suggestion looks really good! thumbs up to the shape of the arms, especially. :) 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:40:20 am by dotodrymo »

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 10:19:34 am
Yeah, my leg retooling went pretty poorly almost immediately lol. I'd discount that bit entirely from the thighs down!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 08:13:11 am
Thanks guys this is helpful. I see what you mean by the legs curving around/inwards now. I will definitely keep that in mind when I animate her (at this level, one pixel change can almost throw the whole pose off as I'm sure you discovered). I need to her to be skinny for the story and her age (18), and most definitely asian build though.

I tried some more edits and I think she is getting pretty close. I got a little more limb curvature by working the shading. Also don't forget she is wearing high heels!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:54:58 am by rocifier »

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 07:29:29 am
Kind of got the bottom half animated

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 10:09:32 am
Looking good, but keep the feet stable when they start to move towards the back! It looks like her foot twitches and slides back rather than propelling her forward.
Additionally, don't forget to add a slight full-body bounce to it when you animate the rest.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |