AuthorTopic: WIP: Football Hit  (Read 4167 times)

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

WIP: Football Hit

on: October 18, 2006, 09:52:49 pm
Ok, I need lots of cc for this piece (mostly anatomy). It's for a competition, and the prize has great value to me :hehe:.

There it is.  ;)

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: WIP: Football Hit

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:57:34 pm
I'll let you know that from what I know about anatomy its looking good!

Offline Joel

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 10:24:26 pm
I'm no anatomy expert but I can tell you I think the piece does show a fair bit of dynamic kind of movement. I would only say that the red football player is rather straightened out in the body unintentionally. Either he must be absolutely stretched in his mid-jump-roll kind of thing, or he should be more hunched over in the torso .. I think.

Otherwise, good work, I'd like to see you do more work on it but of course anatomy should be fixed earlier rather than later. Helm should be able to shed some light on it.

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 10:57:18 pm
Thank you for the crit :), but I don't quite understand what you mean.. do you mean he should either be hunched up or both legs straight?

Helm should be able to shed some light on it.

Hahah. He could shed some light on it if he growed up and stopped being so disrespectful to newbs.

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 11:01:44 pm
Are you sure newer people simply need more criticism?
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 11:06:50 pm
I don't see anything wrong with this. Clearly the player is spriting off causing the straightness of the body. I think thats what he meant. Another suggestion id say is turn his head sideways, it would be weird to see a player headbutt someone in the stomach. One last thing, curl his right leg a bit more so it looks like hes in full air. With a straight leg makes it seem like hes still on the ground.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 11:56:56 pm
I must admit I was confused for a while. "Is this a Zidane homage?" Then I realized this is fotball the way you americans play it..  :lol:
I think it looks pretty good so far. If you want anatomical crits I should mention that the red guy's lower leg looks a bit weird in the upper part, like it's double-jointed or something.

Offline Macks

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:34:30 am
I don't see anything wrong with this. Clearly the player is spriting off causing the straightness of the body. I think thats what he meant. Another suggestion id say is turn his head sideways, it would be weird to see a player headbutt someone in the stomach. One last thing, curl his right leg a bit more so it looks like hes in full air. With a straight leg makes it seem like hes still on the ground.

Actually he's want his head there. Not in the stomach but between his arm and chest. If you place your helmet on the ball during the tackle, you're much more likely to cause a fumble.

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 09:56:20 am
@junkboy:
I knew something was wrong in the legs, but I didn't know what..
Does this look better? There's still something that's bugging me...