AuthorTopic: Daemon dump *Naked man parts warning*  (Read 6624 times)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: Daemon dump *Naked man parts warning*

Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 07:10:33 pm
Wow, B.O.B., that's a friggin phenomenal edit. Your version's body looks far far better than my own, and I think when I finally update this beast, I'll probably end up doing little more than blatantly copying your work. ;D As for the face... a number of people seem to think it doesn't mesh with the body so well, and looking at it now and I see what you mean... That said, I like the face, so nyah. Heh, seriously, though, I will probably work it some (and definitely move the head so that it's actually in a reasonably realistic position), but overall I don't think I'll screw with the design too too much.
The hand is, like Mirre mentioned, is pretty fooked as well. :P So yeah... that'll definitely get redone as well.

As for the red guy, I'm kinda stuck as to what to do about his lower abs/groin. Right now, his legs kinda look as though they're detached from his body (or, like, shoved into sockets in his hips or something... I'm bad with words), so if anyone has any thoughts on that...

I've been swamped just a bit with midterms and stuff so... sorry for the absence/late reply/general-neglect-whatever, and thanks for all of the crits. I really will update these... I pwomise! :-*

Offline Sampe

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 11:13:27 am
I made a little edit, hope you don't mind. :)
Is this what that you are looking for?

By the way, these are looking great. :0'

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 01:51:42 pm
imo, the abs of the blue one are too excaggerated(sp?), and his left boob is higher than his right. It's cool-looking though.

The red one looks like it's ready to be an rpg monstah, but I don't like the pose much, especially the hands. I think you were going for a "flying" look, but his pose gives the "I'm leaning on a counter, showing off my assets" look, since his hands are like that, the arms look like they're resting on a flat surface. Unless that was the look you were going for.

As always, top work, Tremulant, I always enjoy these reptilian pieces of yours.;)

And VictorR, I think the answer to your question is HUE SHIFT. Brighter colors are "warmer" than darker colors. I could be wrong though.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 02:39:28 pm
Oh! Apologies, VictorR. I totally missed your 'colours' question. I'm not completely clear on the theory behind it myself, but I'll.. do my best to explain.

It think what you're noticing is, like baboy said, a matter of hue shifting, which basically involves having your colour ramps Shift from one end of the spectrum to the opposing one. I think someone else, in another thread, just mentioned something about this being done in an attempt to emulate (albeit in an exaggerated way) the effects of natural lighting. So, the case of the red demon, the lighting is yellow/orange (from the flame, I guess), and as such the shadows shift towards the opposite colours: purple/blue. Same with the blue guy; while the shift is maybe not so pronounced (as being towards opposing colours) it does shift from a bluish green towards a reddish orange (it just never makes it that far: it stops halfway there at a reddish purple).

I dunno, I'm not the expert on this and I think there's a nice big topic stickied in the general discussion forum about this/colour selection in general. Might be better off looking at that, but.. I hope this helps a bit :P

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 04:02:01 pm
This helps alot! Thanks for taking your time to explain. ;)